BrendenPlayz Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble PPV is available now on BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Wrestlemania 36

Discuss the biggest event of the wrestling year, Wrestlemania!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Bart

AEW World Championship: Jon Moxley vs Chris Jericho (c)

Jericho's had a good run, but I do think it's time to give Moxley the belt. I don't think Cody will be competing for the AEW World Championship any time soon, and Omega is dealing with the tag team division, with Hangman Page. Moxley has beaten names such as Kenny Omega (albeit in an unsanctioned environment, but a win is a win), and has all the momentum and skills needed to dethrone Le Champion. Also, I want to point out how clean this graphic looks. Whoever AEW has doing their promotional work, can we hire them for the forums? They're really good at their job.

I somewhat agree with Crip, while I am really enjoying Jericho's reign as of late, I do think it is time to give it to Moxley before his momentum dies off, which may happen sooner rather than later. Anyway I am very excited for this match, Jericho's been on a roll recently in terms of having great matches, and I expect nothing less from this, hopefully they can have a better match than what they did with that stupid Asylum thing back in 2016.

I have really enjoyed the buildup to this matchup. It has made me excited for what is yet to come, and that is really what you want as a Wrestling fan. Now I do think Moxley should win this one, I feel Jericho's Championship reign will become stagnant in a month or so, and that makes this a perfect time to get the title off of him. Jon Moxley can work a crowd, he has the mic skills, the look, the total package to continue the hype around the AEW World Championship, so there is no down side with the change. I think a stipulation would make this match much better also, as we have seen Moxley's eye patch in recent weeks, a street fight would be suitable. But nonethless I am excited for this clash, should be great.

Yep it's now time to take the title off of Jericho and give it to Moxley. He is red hot at the moment and it seems like it's the right time for AEW to move away from Chris Jericho and shift it's attention to Jon Moxley who I believe was always intended to be the biggest star on the AEW roster. I'm hoping we get some sort of hardcore based stipulation added to this because I think the feud deserves it and it's an environment where both men can tell the story and play to their advantages. Jericho's reign as champion has been pretty top notch, the feud with Cody was great and now this one with Moxley, he's done his job to get these guys some higher national attention and now it's time for Mox to takeover 

I just happen to agree with all of you, the time is right for Jericho to drop the belt to Moxley. Jericho's run was a good way to establish this new title but it is running now to the point where it can become stagnant since he's beaten everyone there is on the Face side in AEW except for Jon Moxley. Meanwhile Moxley is riding a great wave of momentum when it comes to just his AEW work, it's time to do it before he too becomes a bit stagnant.

Also with Jericho potentially going on tour with Fozzy soon I guess the result is a mere formality.

This should be a fun match, i'm guessing a lot of brawling and the two men just beating the hell out of each other in similar fashion to Jericho's bouts with Omega and Naito in NJPW with probably a little bit more wrestling due to their being no stipulation on this match. I think this should be a great match with the off screen relationship between Jericho and Moxley being quite good and the two men being friends I think they'll be able to put together something great. 

I feel like not having Moxley win here is a big mistake and if Jericho does somehow retain it'll be via a cheap win that probably won't get a great reaction from anywhere. Moxley has to win this here and I don't think this is the right time for a swerve. 

Fantastic match with phenomenal storytelling. I like this idea of Moxley being a loose canon who is smarter than everyone thinks, unlike in WWE where he did stupid shit with zero logic. It was time for Jericho's reign to end but I must say I was impressed with his performance for how well he worked over Mox's idea, the match was just great throughout and Mox's promo after the match really established that unscripted vibe that he carries.

Love a good brawl. We sort've knew Jericho was losing because of his touring schedule. But they did a good job setting up the win here. Moxley will lead this company well. He's red hot right now and now can be more of a focus week to week. You'd have to think maybe Hager comes for him next to avenge Jericho, otherwise I don't really know who's next. Pac? Maybe an exalted Matt Hardy or Brodie Lee.

That was the best match I’ve ever seen. Good job to everyone and AEW needs to keep the work up. That was the first AEW PPV I watched. It was really good. I’m happy for both big stars that came from wwe to put on a good match.They put on a good match sadly Jericho lost. It was full of surprises that I didn’t know what was gonna happen. I really dig on how thatmatch was built. Classic battle between them too. But I think Moxely deserved as he was 11-0-1 and Jericho was 7-0-1 plus what time of champion barley fights on the daily shows. Congrats to Jon moxely keep up the good work.

This was an excellent match put on by two of the better brawlers in the business. Even at 49, Jericho puts on classics, and Moxley is getting his chance to show that he can succeed outside of an environment that isn't deathmatch (CZW) or shit (WWE). You have to wonder who challenges Mox for the belt first, and I'd make the suggestion of Lance Archer. The men have had bouts in New Japan, and it is proven in their history that they work well with each other. If you want to debut the Murder Hawk in a big way, why not have him murder the shit out of Moxley in his debut?

On 3/7/2020 at 2:04 AM, Blackheart CJ said:

This was an excellent match put on by two of the better brawlers in the business. Even at 49, Jericho puts on classics, and Moxley is getting his chance to show that he can succeed outside of an environment that isn't deathmatch (CZW) or shit (WWE). You have to wonder who challenges Mox for the belt first, and I'd make the suggestion of Lance Archer. The men have had bouts in New Japan, and it is proven in their history that they work well with each other. If you want to debut the Murder Hawk in a big way, why not have him murder the shit out of Moxley in his debut?

Based on how the results throughout the night were, Jon Moxley's next major challengers could be Jake Hager, Darby Allin, and MJF (probably at Double Or Nothing) if Chris Jericho is not getting a rematch.