BrendenPlayz Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble PPV is available now on BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Wrestlemania 36

Discuss the biggest event of the wrestling year, Wrestlemania!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Arius

AEW World Tag Team Championship: Kenny Omega and Hangman Page (c) vs. The Young Bucks

Image result for aew revolution card

Opponents to be determined on the February 19 episode of Dynamite. Announced participants: Best Friends (Chuck Taylor and Trent?), The Butcher and The Blade, The Dark Order (Alex Reynolds and John Silver), The Hybrid 2 (Angelico and Jack Evans), Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus), Private Party (Isiah Kassidy and Marq Quen), Santana and Ortiz, SoCal Uncensored (Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky), Strong Hearts (Cima and T-Hawk), The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson)

There are two ways AEW could go about this to get the most out of it. One is to put the titles on Santana & Ortiz as I think that they are naturally the next champions especially after their win against The Young Bucks at Full Gear and have Hangman Page turn on Kenny Omega. The other one would be to have an all Elite match with Page & Omega against Young Bucks and have Page take out all of The Elite there to cause the most chaos.

Now that this match been announced as Kenny Omega and Hangman Page vs Young Bucks, I'm pretty curious to see how it would change from there past bouts in Japan. The result here is probably obvious I'd have the Bucks win the titles and then Page turn on Omega and the Bucks kickstarting a Page vs Omega feud which could be pretty good for both men.

This should be a great match, four great talents here in AEW all going at it for the same prize, but I wonder will this be the night that Hangman Page turns heel? I see it being him, and not Omega for one solid reason an amazing feud down the line for both of them. I agree with Alex, they should put the Tag Team titles on the Young Bucks, and move forward with this Adam Page vs Kenny Omega feud. 

AEW has done a good job with this. We all thought Hangman was gonna turn, and how do they keep it going while also saving the turn? Make Kenny & Him tag champs, phenomenal idea as SCU was a little bit dead with the belts. This should be a fantastic and electric match as I know none of them will hold back. AEW's Tag Team Division continues to be it's strongest part of it's show, but as for the result, I don't know as it's obvious eventually Hangman will turn on Kenny. Could it be here, Hangman vs Kenny for DoN then Kenny vs Moxley rematch for the belt at All Out? I don't know, but they've left it very flexible in terms of where they could go from here and I commend them on that.

This is going to be a spot fest and I am all for it. Usually i'm not that huge on spot fest matches but the Bucks and Omega usually are very good at that kind of thing and Hangman has some insane manoeuvres he can pull out. While i'm not the biggest fan of Page's drunk gimmick I am a fan of his overall ability as a performer and I believe that this could be a very fun match. Just having these four guys beat the living hell out of each other with everything they have and I think they could do some great spots. 

I feel like the Bucks should win here but due to how they've been booking AEW so far I doubt that they actually do, my guess is Proud N Powerful will take the tag titles off of Hangman and Omega so I think they retain here. 

I do love myself some flippy shit on occasion and I think this will be a very very fun 15-20 minute match. The Young Bucks rarely bore me and the team of Hangman and Omega I have liked so far when they're in the ring. I am not a fan of two singles stars coming together to win the titles so I'd like to see the Young Bucks win here, but as FD stated the EVP's rarely like giving themselves anything in regards to booking so maybe Hangman and Omega hold it for Dark Order or Proud and Powerful to win. The Hangman drunk gimmick is not good in my opinion, I don't understand why they need to do it and I think there are more effective ways to foreshadow his eventual heel turn

I am excited to see this match, obviously it's going to be a flippy spot fest, and I expect absolutely nothing else from these four men. I have really liked the team of Page and Omega so far and the Young Bucks have been pretty good too (aside from their ladder match at All Out). And as far as a winner goes, I would see why they would put the titles on the Young Bucks, but I still think that Page and Omega will retain, and let a new heel team take the titles at another show, most likely Double or Nothing.

When Hangman challenged for the belt at All Out I thought AEW were gonna make a big mistake and push him to be one of their top stars too quickly. Throughout the start of Dynamite, this seemed to be the case until he began to tease conflict with the Elite and ultimately went ahead and did this team with Kenny. It has been great, and while I personally I attacked Page to attack a fair bit ago, it doens't feel like this storyline is being dragged out at all. It has been interesting to follow and I am sure it will be interesting to see how this match pans out (and if Page turns). 

At the point of me writing it was the best match of the night that I've watched. Really great storytelling between these 4 and you could see the chemistry all these guys have, it made for a very good Tag Team Match. In the end it was the right call to have Kenny and Hangman retain as the crowd was really on there side and I feel delaying the turn of one of them to after Double or Nothing is the right call so it has more impact.

Match of the night for sure. This was possibly one of the best matches I have ever seen. The chemistry between everyone was there to see for all, and they really put on a great match. I feel like the narrative with not knowing if Hangman Page was going to snap really helped the match, it made me feel like their was always the opportunity of a big last second twist happening. The near falls were amazing, how many were there, about 20? The suplexs' and stuff onto the ramp, powerbomb through the table. Even the little stuff like Omega and Hangman working on I think it was Nicks back. Amazing match all round.

Like the guys said above me, motn for sure. These guys had me on the edge of my seat as there was near-fall after near-fall with the moves being hit capable of putting the guys down. The Young Bucks work best as heels in tag matches as they took Hangman out with the IndyTaker on the outside which looked brutal, then Hangman had the face comeback at the end to save the match and retain for him & Kenny. It puts Hangman on another level to have won this on his own, plus then the Omega tease at the end. More and more I feel like it will be Hangman Page who, maybe in a year's time, or at the November PPV, he dethrones Jon Moxley and becomes AEW's next champion because they're setting him up to be an amazing heel.

Possibly the match of the year for me so far. This had it all. A great story to tell with two sets of friends colliding. Having to put it all aside for the gold. I think it dragged on a few too many minutes though. I don't see why the Young Bucks kicked out of the V-Trigger/Buckshot combiniation. A bit of a mistake for me. Probably too many high spots with kickouts to make it believable. They would take a freight train to beat them in the future. None the less, an awesome match that had everything you could ask for. 

This match was fucking amazing. It proved hangman will be a Star. When he set up for the buckshot lariat on Kenny I thought he was turning heel, when he does eventually, IT will be amazing. The Match itself was great, they kicked out of absolutely everything from each other. Some points either team could have won it. This is the Match of the Year so far. Great stuff, 5 Stars.

I have made it known that I am not the biggest fan of The Young Bucks or their style but this was by far the match of the night and one of the best in the company's short history. In terms of both the build and in ring story telling, this was number one at Revolution. Maybe a bit too much kicking out and such but by god there was incredible action and psychology. I am extremely pleased with how over Page has gotten. Some may not have seen it at first but he's gonna be a top star and you gotta believe it after this match. I was pleasantly surprised at Omega and Page retaining but I think they'll face at DON so they'll stretch the reign out for a while longer. I'm not entirely convinced Hangman is gonna be the heel because it seems obvious and I feel his story is more suited towards a face. Also Omega vs Moxley was what I figured might be planned for All Out but either way I can't wait for it all to unfold. 

I think along with Goldust and Cody at Double or Nothing this could be the greatest match the company has put on since it's inception. It had everything, it had story, it had great wrestling and it was so entertaining which meant the 30 minutes really sort of flew by. I love how the Young Bucks were embracing their heel role, they came out to boos and from there on out they were perfect antagonists to Kenny and Hangman. Hangman was the real star of the show here, he is so over with the fans which is incredible to see and his character really shone in this environment. The Bucks do get criticised a lot for their lack of psychology but when the time is right and they need to tell a story they have shown that they can most definitely do it. The teased turn at the end was absolutely masterful and this has become one of my favourite things in wrestling right now. Bloody awesome match, can't wait to see where we go from here 

This match is one of the best I've watched in a long, long time and arguably the best match in AEW's short history. Omega and Page work quite well together as a team, and managed to convince me that them teaming isn't a total mistake. The storytelling in this match was superb, and you could tell from the crowd reaction that Hangman is incredibly over, he has fan support on his side, and his tension with The Elite has been interesting. I believe that Page is a red herring, though, and that at Double or Nothing, Kenny Omega will be the one turning heel on Page, which will be a way to effectively boost his momentum and push him into the main event role he is meant to be in. I might be sounding a bit like Meltzer with my praise of this match, but it was incredible, and easily Match of the Night. One of the minor nitpicks about this match is that Nick Jackson (I think it was Nick) stopped selling his leg about halfway through the match. Here's to seeing how they try to one up themselves.

This match was definitely the match of the night, really loved this match. I think what really got me into it was the awesome storytelling that both teams presented in this one. Not just that but the match overall was just amazing, from the last second kickouts, big moves, counters and overall wrestling was all just splendid. I honestly was on the edge of my seat for the majority of this clash. I actually wasnt sure who was gonna win this one, but I think they went with the right call with Hangman Page and Kenny Omega retaining the AEW Tag Team Championships. As I think they will continue the story of Hangman Page turning heel until Double Or Nothing II, where they will finally do the act. And I really do think the Young Bucks will be the Tag Team Champions in the near future for sure. 

This match really sold me on Page and his ability to be a top star in AEW. He has been great during the entire feud, especially the last interview you they did on the Go-Home episode of Dynamite. This in-ring action was amazing, yet I didn't think it was too over-the-top like some other Young Bucks matches. Loved it, my personal favourite match of the night. It also made me wonder if Page is really the one to turn ,while it makes the most sense storyline wise, I believe that Omega would be the best for the product. Imagine Page chasing Omega after the latter captures the belt from Moxley, certainly something to consider in this whole thing.