BrendenPlayz Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble PPV is available now on BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Wrestlemania 36

Discuss the biggest event of the wrestling year, Wrestlemania!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Arius

Sammy Guevara vs. Darby Allin

This is a great sort of showcase match for the future stars. Sammy was someone who I became an instant fan of in MLW and he has absolutely shined on the bigger stage of AEW and his work with IC. He's a great douchey heel that really gets you going.  On the other side of that you have Darby, who was always interesting before with Evolve but they have elevated him so much from the start. He's a very unique guy and I think he gets the win here.

This should be a great one, both of these men are future stars for sure. I have enjoyed what they have been able to do thus far in AEW, with Sammy joining the Inner Circle very early on and I feel has helped him grow as a character heaps. While Darby Allin is loved by the fans and has a great character, as its not the same as all the other dark gimmicks, he has been able to put his own unique twist on it. For this one I see Sammy winning this one, to keep the Inner Circle momentum going.

Really love the idea behind this match, showcasing the potential stars of the future. There is a timeline a few years from now where Sammy Guevara is the top heel in AEW while Darby Allin is the top face so putting them in a match early on in their AEW careers could be great to look back on when these two are at the top of the card. Darby Allin has such a unique character which is really starting to get over with the fans and he gives me serious Jeff Hardy vibes which immediately makes me a massive fan. I think giving Allin the win here is the right decision, the match should be great regardless but I think Allin needs the win a bit more to establish himself 

These two are the future of AEW. I've become such a big fan of Darby Allin ever since AEW started and Sammy is probably a really good top heel potentially in the making (Helps that he is being groomed by one of the greatest heels of all time in Chris Jericho, both on-screen and off-screen), so this match has the potential to be the first in what I feel will be a long running rivalry. Pretty excited for this. As to who wins the first match I'm going with Sammy, since I am a bit old-school and I like to see the Heel win the first match usually.

I agree with absolutely everything that has already been said on this thread. I feel like experimenting with two future stars is a very good idea because it'll show how well they actually "mesh" together and if they don't well, i guess AEW will know not to put them together in the future.

This is what WWE is trying to do, like having Mysterio vs Andrade but they're doing it wrong by repeating that match at least once a month.

Very excited to see this match, as I said with Hager vs Dustin, both of these guys have been killing it every week; Guevara proving himself to be a star as part of the Inner Circle, and Darby being a highlight in matches each and every week; and both of them being young means that they still have a long way to go and improve, and I think that this match will be the one to finally push one of them into that main event position. I couldn't really make a guess on who wins here, but for now I will go with Sammy, if they do want it do be a feud (which I'm sure they do) I think they'll end it with Allin getting the last victory.

This should be very good. Darby and Sammy are both very good in ring and are clearly able to get a good crowd reaction based on Sammy's work with the Inner Circle and Darby's just general run so far in AEW. I'd hope Darby would pick up the victory here although Sammy might need it due to him not really having much momentum right now but Darby is just too hot to have lose a bit of a random match to Sammy so i'd say Darby picks up the victory here. 

It's matches like these however that do show the gaping hole AEW has without a mid card championship that isn't a tag team championship. They really need to do something about it, whether it's a National, Television or Cruiserweight Championship they need something to fill that void. 

This was a pretty great match from start to finish with both men trying to kill each other and themselves in the ring. Lots of fast paced octane moves and very innovative offense by both men. In the end a bit suprised that Darby won the match as I felt that they would want to push Sammy first but I'm not gonna complain since I really like Darby a lot. Fun match definatly recommend you give it a watch.

This match was great. I loved the through the ropes spot from Allin to start it, the high intensity of the match was amazing. That fucking 630 senton thing through the table was insane. I feel like the right man won, neither of them were hurt by the loss because of how good of a match it was. I'm shocked both of these guys are in their 20s. I only watched the first few matches and this one was a standout.

The biggest takeaway from this match is how goddamn over Darby Allin is with the AEW fanbase. Throughout the whole match they were behind him and that pop when he won was deafening. AEW have got something with Allin and I look forward to seeing his rise to the top. I hadn't followed this story too much but I really liked the opening exchange with Darby just trying to hurt Guevara for the first couple of minutes. These two are the "future" of AEW, and this match was a great taste of what they can do in the future. Happy that Darby won and hopefully he can continue racking up wins 

Darby Allin is becoming a star before our eyes. I thought his size would be a major drawback but he is such a daredevil that his craziness has made him a major fan favourite. His win here was a must, Sammy G is quickly becoming amazing at making others look a million bucks. It's not his time yet, but one day he may have a major role in this company. Great match.

A quite fast paced bout involving attempted homicide created by two smaller athletic men. What else could you ask for? Darby Allin is growing to be a major fan favourite due to his size and innovative offense. I think the prior comparison to Jeff Hardy made in this thread is very valid, and I see him getting to heights Jeff himself never reached. I hadn't watched Guevara before, and he sold me immediately with this match. That 630 senton through the table was epic, and overall the high octane offense from these two will serve them well in their AEW careers. Also, Sammy is an incredible douche.

Damn I enjoyed this match so much, very fast paced match as Crippler stated above. I think this really showed how talented both these performers are, I think they went with the right man to win this one here, Darby Allin is on fire and really growing as a character. He is quickly becoming a fan favorite, and has gotten the support that he needs to become a major player here in AEW. I also think this match should of opening the PPV, as Jake Hager vs Dustin Rhodes was just not getting it, a fun, fast paced match like this one should be the opener to these events in the future. Both men will be key players i the years to come thats for sure, these are the matches I like to see!