BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Summerslam

Discuss the biggest event of the Summer in WWE, Summerslam!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Evolution

What was the last movie you watched?

Also saw Endgame last, and the movie was excellent.  I'd say it didn't exactly top Infinity War due to the length, but it was an excellent movie nonetheless.  It was a near perfect mix of comedy, action and emotion. The last hour really brought the movie home and while the big fight scene was decent, the parts before and after made up for it.  I don't think I've ever come that close to crying while watching a movie, it's extremely sad to see the Avengers go.

Image result for Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile

Very interesting movie, especially the fact that Ted Bundy was portrayed as an innocent person who was being unjustly punished throughout majority of the film. I think the acting by Zac Effron was really good, he played the Bundy character well while also giving glimpses of how treacherous and vile Ted really was as a serial killer. If you're into Crime movies especially historical crime then I strongly recommend this one, it's on Netflix so its easily accessible if you have it

Antman was the last movie I watched, I actually never watched it until now and it actually good, I thought it was bad because it "Antman" but no it actually pretty good with the Scott being relatable guy with him just trying to see his daughter more and does anything to see and be with his daughter. 

Arctic (2018)
Image result for arctic 2019 banner
Mads Mikkelsen is a great actor and is capable of great performances. In Arctic, he delivers. This is simple story of survival, hope, despair and without much of talking you still get a full story. Wasn't sure going into the film but 'm glad to have watched it.

I watched John Wick 3 and man was this a great movie. John Wick is obviously just a complete bad ass. The whole concept of 1 Man vs the World is freaking awesome. The fight scenes are incredible.  The movie is definitely worth the watch.  The ending twist is great and sets up for another John Wick Movie. The John Wick trilogy is definitely a underrated trilogy 

It (2017)

Image result for It 2017

This was a great rewatch. The decision to split the teenager and adult timelines into separate movies was a major plus. It gave this first instalment a lot more breathing room with it's run time, and also allowed it to establish our main heroes with far more clarity than the original miniseries. 

It is one of my favourite types of horror movies, one that is actually built on simmering tension and character rather than jump scares and sudden hits in the soundtrack to evoke a reaction. The child actors are phenomenal in this, surprising as a lot of the time, child actors tend to understandably be a bit wooden. 

Now, Pennywise. I think that besides Tim Curry being a true and utter memelord in the orignal miniseries, Skarsgard's Pennywise is infinitely superior. He's creepy, emotive, manipulative, funny, unhinged and unpredictable. A fantastic performance as the stories' antagonist. I cannot wait for the second part coming out later this year.

Watched Polar (Netflix Orginal) the other day and can't recommend it. Lots of unnecessary/cartoonish violence takes away from what I thought was a pretty decent perfomance by the lead actor. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone and think the plot could have been for something a lot better.

The last movie I watched was The Amazing Spider-Man and I’ve got to say I’ve always had a soft spot for this series. I believe this movie gets a lot of unnecessary hate and I think Andrew Garfield really wasn’t as bad of a Spider-Man as everyone believes. Of course Toby Maguire was an awesome Spider-Man but Garfield wasn’t that bad.

I watched the movie Ma. And i thought it was fantastic. Octavia spencer ofc plays her psycho character fantastic. The kids are pretty relatable too. The whole movie is just edgy and creepy in a way. I wont lie you see the twist coming if u have seen the Trailers but its still a fun movie to watch. I'd suggest checking it out 

Image result for city of god

A film I watched recently is 'City of God'. The film may not be in English but that doesn't hinder from the cinematic viewing of the film. If you like any of the gangster film genres for example 'The Godfather' and 'Goodfellows' then this is the film for you. It is set in the Brazilian favelas and gives you a glimpse of reality in the favelas. I enjoyed this film so much that I wrote about it for one of my assignments and got a first (My only second first at uni).  

Unfortunately the last movie I watched was Dark Phoenix.  This movie was part of the X-Men franchise and is supposedly the last one, and man was it a let down.  There were many points left uncovered, the acting wasn't anything fantastic, and most of the action scenes were quite weak.  However, the last fight scene on the train was quite good, and without spoiling too much, everyone involved in the fight used their powers in quite creative and unique ways, so props for that.  But overall, the movie was quite lackluster and you should probably wait until you can watch for free instead of paying for a ticket because it's honestly just not worth it.

Eotm-poster.jpg

’Employee Of The Month’ is a movie I hadn’t really heard of until I was scrolling through Netflix and I thought it was enjoyable. It made for a fun movie that I’d maybe watch again but probably not again after that. There was some funny parts to it and it had a great message of loyalty and power.

2 hours ago, mikey0619 said:

Unfortunately the last movie I watched was Dark Phoenix.  This movie was part of the X-Men franchise and is supposedly the last one, and man was it a let down.  

What would you say was the better attempt at Dark Phoenix. This film or X-Men Last Stand? 
When they took the X-Men name from the movie title and all the reshoots, pushing back the release, it was hard to not be worried about the film. When Disney got X-Men back that was the final nail so to speak about what they would do with the film. Also Sophie Turner outside of Game of Thrones has been a miss in what i've seen her in, X-Men included so i have my fingers crossed she steps up.I'm glad to hear that at least the film has some good fight scenes. 

Truth of Dare (2018)

Image result for Truth or Dare poster

If you want a really silly, and hilariously stupid horror movie, then this is what you want. The premise is really dumb, playing into the trend of "Normal thing but SPOOOKY". The acting ranges from ok to pretty cringe, and the visual effects for the creepy smiley faces made me audibly laugh. There is a strangely heavy storyline involving the two main characters which makes me think that the comedic effect of the movie was maybe unintentional, only making it funnier.

This is some prime dumb popcorn horror movie that's pretty garbage, but it's enjoyable garbage.

Image result for dark knight

I was just chatting with Flynn today and somehow Dark Knight was brought up into the conversation so I decided I would sit down and watch the movie. And Oh my God this movie is Fan fucking tastic. From the story, to the amazing acting from both Christian Bale and Heath Ledger as Batman and The Joker respectively this was so enjoyable to re-watch again. What I also liked about this was the way the Joker character was written. It's a sadistically truly insane version of The Joker which in my opinion hits the Nail on the head in regard to what the character should be. All-time great movie for me and I could re-watch it again and again 

Batman: Bad Blood
Image result for Batman: Bad Blood
DC have always had strong animated features and this small Batman universe they have built might be one of my favourites.  Many moments in the film had the full Batman comic feel to it... dark, gripping (for the standard) & entertaining as hell.