BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Summerslam

Discuss the biggest event of the Summer in WWE, Summerslam!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Evolution

What was the last movie you watched?

Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019)
Image result for Spider-Man: Far from Home 2019 banner
SPOILERS

The illusion fights between Peter and Mysterio deserve tons of praise. While Marvel movies rarely have bad fight sequences, very few of them truly stand out like this to me outside of event films. It perfectly encapsulated how the villain from the comics is supposed to fight. I’d put the illusion fighting scenes right up there with the unique ones from the Ant-Man movies, Doctor Strange, and the Winter Soldier.
Mysterio was a fun villain and I thought it was cool that he was the one who invented BARF, and the Scientist who was involved was from Iron Man 1. Cool way to keep everything feeling connected and evolving. Mysterio is also a intimidating villain when he is surround by his technology and I liked that Spider-Man was perfectly equipped to deal with him, thanks to his Spider Sense....i mean Peter Tingle. Thor or Captain America  wouldn't have been able to handle the illusions like Spidey did. I assume Mysterio is dead with how it ended but if he's not it'd be cool to see him in the Sinister Six.

The most surprising heavy hitter here, however, is Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan, who does some flirting with Aunt May which was funny but nice to see, but who ultimately gives Peter what he needs to move forward. Peter spends all his time trying to live up to iron Man because of the pressures the world and himself are laying on him and in the end Happy tells Peter the most important thing he could here: that Tony was a mess.

I really enjoy the dynamic between Peter & MJ. It is different to the MJ we are used to in previous movies and i feel that's a good thing. We only got an introduction to who she was as a character in the first movie but here i can't wait to see more from both of them and all the school classmates. Particularly because of how the movie ended after the credits. How can i wait 3 years to find out how Peter Parker copes with his name being revealed to the world? I imagine it might be addressed earlier but it's a GIANT cliffhanger i didn't see coming. Right next to J. K. Simmons being back. Who else could keep that menace in check? Between this and the PS4 game i'm on a Spider-Man high.

Marvel's Spider-Man
Image result for spider man ps4 banner
I thought this would be the best place to post this since i watched the "Movie Cut" version on Youtube since i haven't been able to play the game myself. Completely blown away by the end result. The story is very beautifully written and takes elements from other Spider-Man universes to deliver an experience straight out of a comic. Like Into The Spider-Verse it felt like an authentic experience and i get memories of the same imaginative magic I've gotten with other iterations. I felt close to the characters by the time the story concluded and i appreciate them wanting to focus on Peter Paker just as much as Spider-Man during the game with focus on his relationship with MJ, Aunt May and some surprises.
The game itself is an incredible piece for setting the scene. This is the first Spider-Man game done by Insomniac, and they could have easily gone with the classic Spider-Man Homecoming: The Game safety net that most companies would do for a  quick profit. But they went the extra mile, the gave us an entire unknown universe with new lore, this game is not a standalone piece (even though it holds itself particularly well) but is the Part I of a long journey ahead of us..at least i can only hope.

Just watched the New Spiderman and I loved it. The Plot is fantastic. The Characters are funny and feel llke real teenagers. The Twist in the middle of the Movie is reslly good. The fight scenes are some of the best ive seen and the end post credit scene is probably the biggest yet of the MCU besides the end of Ironman 1. It definitely shakes everything up and makes for an interesting next few years. Awesome movie definitely worth the watch. I like Tom Holland.  He's definitely more nerdy and funny than the other 2 that played spiderman. But I think Overall still Toby Maguire is a better spiderman. Holland is a close second tho

After hearing about it for years, I watched John Wick finally. I don't know why I never waanted to watch it but god I'm glad I did. Absolutely brilliant, loved the fight scenes and brutal kills. Nice and simple story that made you emotionally connected from the beginning. Really well made film. Also extra props for big Kevin Nash for being in it, icing on the cake.

Image result for apollo 13 film

Watched this recently. Quite a good film to be fair. Not the usual bog standard fight film or end of the world film. Based on the true events of Apollo 13 this was a great watch. I felt as if I was in the same situation as the three astronauts. They managed to make the film both entertaining and educational. 7.5/10.

I got home from watching the new Lion King and damn it's good. I hadn't seen the old Lion King for a while and this one still brought the emotion out of me. Although I was really tired from a long day and so I was kinda falling asleep but it was good nonetheless.

Image result for toy story 4

Big Toy Story fan as a kid so I was stoked to finally go and watch this one. I must say though that this was actually pretty damn good. I'd have to go back and re-watch the others to see where it ranks among them but It's definitely up there from memory. A good nostalgia run for one of Disney's most successful Franchises 

The Court Jester
Image result for The Court Jester movie banner
A film I've heard about and even heard the quote of "The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle" but other than that I'm not aware of many people who've seen it in my circle. I caught it accidentally on TV just as it was starting and was hooked in to watch. A perfectly silly Robin Hood-esq parody with silly wordplay, songs, gags, and lot's of colourful costumes and scenes. Danny Kaye is hilarious throughout.

Image result for Lion King 2019

Went to watch the Lion King at the movies today and I loved it, took me back to when I was a little kid watching the original animated version. I've seen some negative critics about it but to be completely honest I thoroughly enjoyed it. They kept the wackiness of the funny characters and kept all the magic and the fun that was involved in the original. If you want some nostalgia then yeah this one to watch. Also the songs are great every single one of them got a pop from me 

I watched Toy Story 4 and I thought it was a great movie. Introduced some great new characters and I thought it was a great way to wrap up the franchise, assuming that its the last one and they don't make another one because this one surely seemed like the end