BrendenPlayz Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble PPV is coming soon to BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Evolution

What was the last movie you watched?

Finally got around to watching the Hunger Games: Catching Fire. It was a very good movie, even though the games are now over i have a feeling the last two parts will be just as good. The story has developed into a very interesting direction so i'm very excited to watch the last two parts.

I actually watched Jumanji last night, i always thought that i would absolutely hate it but, instead of hating it i actually loved it. Every actor performed very well in my opinion and i loved how the Jumanji game worked, there was a lot of cool stuff happening all the time and Dwayne Johnson was as hilarious as he always is.
Kuvahaun tulos haulle jumanji

Just saw Rise of Skywalker and personally, I have very mixed feelings about this. The story tried for some very good story-telling, and while it was there in foundation, the execution seemed off as it's basically a game of cat and mouse all movie and then the ending is anticlimactic IMO. Overall, looking at this and The Force Awakens, I believe JJ Abrams had an idea of where he wanted to go with this trilogy and Rian Johnson fucked him over.

Spoilers:

I like Palps being revealed as Rey's grandfather as shown in the Mandalorian, the force is a myth among the Star Wars Galaxy and it makes the force a very narrow pathway of people who are actually force-sensitive. I feel the battle between Rey and Palpatine was underwhelming but he doesn't have a lightsaber, either way cool visuals.

They've been building to a Rey and Ben romance from the start and honestly this Kylo Ren guy has to be the worst character in Star Wars history. He has an extreme case of bipolar disease as this dude KILLED his father, wanted to become the next Darth vader, got his ass beat, then decided that he was in love with the girl who beat his ass.

Overall, I just believe something was off with the story told in the movie and a lot of fan service was done, not to say I didn't enjoy it but I truly believe Johnson and Abrams had different visions.

6.5/10

The Lion King (2019)
Image result for the lion king 2019 banner
I don't know what to feel about this movie. I was waiting to see it since it was announced that it was going out, I saw the trailer and the emotion was fine  but at the moment of seeing it the feeling was different. I felt that it was not what I expected.
So I'm still wondering if this version of the Lion King is just a shameless cash grab, or a film remade for a new generation with a realistic look. I can honestly say that it looks fantastic. What they can do with computers these days is brilliant. Every animal looks so good. But with that realistic approach comes the problem, the animals can't show emotion now. No tears, no facial expressions, everything is made to be realistic. No Timon dancing, no Rafiki kung fu, no fantastic animal dancing during "I just can't wait to be king", "Be Prepared" looks a little dull now. We don't have Ed, a lot is a tiny bit different than the original because of the realistic approach. The story, most of the lines, are exactly the same. I could predict almost 90% of the film. I can say that I liked it but I did not enjoy it at all.

Afro Samurai 
Image result for Afro Samurai banner
Great action set pieces, solid voice work, and an interesting world concept, but unfortunately it mostly isn’t more than that. I loved the last two episodes because they presented great questions about revenge and it’s cost, but the first three episodes are basically just entertaining action scenes which to me are fun but it depends what you're looking for. I still say this is one of my favourite movie soundtracks of all time thanks to RZA.

The Bridge (2006)
Image result for the bridge 2006
This is one of those movies that "you can't un-see once you've seen it", but I think it's good in the sense that it helps to keep your own life in perspective, and to help be aware of the struggles many others go through in life, that often get overlooked, or uncared about.

I saw the Movie Uncut Gems staring Adam Sandler and Kevin Garnett. Man what a movie This was. It was brilliant. Adam Sandler was brilliant. This whole movie leaves you on the edge of your seat because you don’t know what next dumb decision Adam Sandler’s character is going to do. The ending is shocking and crazy. I was absolutely stunned. I definitely recommended this movie and what a way to end the year. This is definitely one of my favorite movies of 2019

Jumanji: The Next Level (2019)
Image result for Jumanji: The Next Level banner
Spoilers

Jumanji is one of those franchises that I find so interesting. The fact that this thing is still going (in 2019) is kind of hilarious. No one in their right mind could have predicted that 20 years ago. The 2017 film is a big guilty pleasure for me. It's one of my favourite films of that year and it never fails to make me laugh a lot if i catch it playing. I was expecting this to be a disappointment, as comedy sequels often are, but I think I might just slightly prefer this one. It's predictable, just like Welcome to the Jungle, but The Next Level also succeeds in the same areas as before.

The vast world building is as entertaining as it is intriguing, the characters are incredibly fun to follow, and the writing, while occasionally repetitive, is consistently hilarious. Also i want to say that this film unlike a lot of modern adventure movies i see attempted today made me feel like i was rushing around with the characters. Especially during that scene with the bridges but the music added greatly to that. One of the few "video game" movies that capture the feel without going overboard. I think the reason I may slightly prefer this film is because the characters were even funnier this time around. The mismatched switch of personalities in each of the avatars makes for some amazing moments, both hilarious and heartfelt. 

The ending was something I didn't expect but i should've. Similar to the recent Jurassic World where the dinosaurs might finally reach civilisation it is now again that the world of Jumanji reaches our reality again. I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing the characters interact with their video game counterparts and to see the personalities of the Jumanji characters without players. To those who have seen it what do you hope to see? 

Dark Phoenix 
Image result for Dark Phoenix 2019
This could've been great, but it ended up being close to a disaster. The first half of the movie seemed promising, but the execution was so poor, it made me lose interest more quickly than I'd predicted. I can't tell what did it: the soundtrack, the acting or the directing, but everything felt completely out of place while watching the story unfold. Then came the second half of the movie, which felt rushed and way too soapy, even for my tastes (seeing that I generally don't mind when movies tend to be more dramatic than they need to be). One more FOX X-Men created movie to go so it hopefully ends on a high note.

Image result for the gentlemen

Went to go see this the other night and I thought it was actually a pretty solid movie. The cast is really strong and the plot and acting was actually pretty spot on. A solid crime action movie which really doesn't take much time and is an easy watch 

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania: children of the corn"

Haven't really been watching much, but during New Year's Eve I decided to watch Children of the Corn, it's a Stephen King classic and it's a great horror movie, the theme was original at the time and still proves to be a worthy movie to satisfy nowadays.

The last film I watched was the Room as part of the BPZ Discord Movie nights. It was as meme worthy as I remembered and I think it made it better that there was a live chat option that contributed to the experience. Arius' movie nights are solid and I would love to see some more over this year.

Image result for bad boys for life

Went to go watch this last night, and as a fan of the first two films I thought Bad Boys for Life was a really good. Martin Lawrence and Will Smith are so funny together and they kept their comedic aspects from the first two movies. Really cool film, I suggest checking it out 

I decided to watch the Big Short again, the first time was in a cinema with school as part of an economics class. I find it a very impressive movie, the way how they are able to explain an economic crisis and all the elements that led to this, including some serious financial terms, while still making an entertaining movie suprised the first time and managed to do it again this time around. Really good perfomance by everyone involved, actors, directors, everyone. 

Cloverfield 
Cloverfield is one of the greatest examples of the found-footage genre, just natural and well-done performances, a genuine sense of chaos and paranoia, moments of frightening and truly disturbing imagery, and above all; one amazing creature messing everything up. I think that's what the film does best, mixing wonderful character moments with sequences that could easily recall the day of 9/11. There's even a line in this film that someone says, wondering if another terrorist attack is taking place. This film is smarter than you think it is, ratcheting up tension while still adding some food for thought. It is surprising where this series has ended up (SPACE!) but the original still holds up. 

Killer Bean Forever
Image result for Killer Bean Forever
This was being streamed by xQC and i feel into the rabbit hole of watching the whole movie. The story goes that Killer Bean is sent on a mission to kill another bean, while being hunted by another bean with police in the middle of the whole thing..i'm sure there is a better way to explain it. But this is a dumb but fun movie in every way. I didn't think I would like the animation and ended up admiring it. There have been much worse done by a single person. Commendable that a man poured his heart and soul into animating a dancing, killer bean movie for five whole years. The kill count is high, but it fits well into the story. Killer Bean definitely lives up to his name.
"Well, I know I can't have a crazy vigilante bean runnin around shootin beans. But you're no vigilante, are you?" - Detective Cromwell