BrendenPlayz Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble PPV is available now on BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Backlash

WWE Backlash is LIVE on the WWE Network June 14th. Discuss the PPV featuring the "Greatest Match Ever" between Randy Orton and Edge.
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Slim

AEW Injuries & Returns Discussion

Post all news about AEW Injuries & Returns here.

According to Bryan Alvarez of F4WOnline.com, there were several injuries that occurred during this week's edition of AEW Dynamite: 

* Matt Jackson suffered a rib injury from doing a dive off the stands with his brother Nick. Bryan Alvarez noted that the "doctor thinks it's broken but it could be cartilage, it could be bruised." 

* Britt Baker's right knee was injured from a spot where she was sitting in the ring corner while Hikaru Shida and Kris Statlander slammed Nyla Rose into her. Alvarez noted that "they think its probably bad but she has to be checked out tomorrow [May 21st]. But this could be a pretty serious knee injury." 

* Fenix was said to be injured from a dive where he wasn't properly caught and landed hard on his on his back and hip. Alvarez noted that "the word I heard was he was banged up, but they think he's going to be good for Saturday, and its Fenix, so he probably will be." 

Nodq

That’s not a good thing to hear especially with your show literally this weekend. Fenix will probably be fine and work the show. But Matt Jackson with a potential broken rib is not good he will probably still work the match but just be limited in what he does as they could pull that off in this type of match but you still don’t like to see it hopefully it’s just bruised and unfortunate news for Baker you don’t love to see it and if it’s serious she’s definitely gonna miss DON which is a shame she was getting built up so nicely 

Unfortunate update on the Britt Baker situation, it's been reported quite heavily that she's suffered a torn ACL. It sucks because she's one of the centrepieces and most recognisable names of a division in AEW which is lacking in those two qualities. Britt is both entertaining and a decent in-ring wrestler and it blows that she has potentially suffered such horrific injury which could keep her out for six to nine months. As someone who has torn their ACL before I know how damaging something like this can be, and people in wrestling have either retired or have never been the same after suffering an ACL tear.

AEW star Kris Statlander suffered a torn ACL during this past Wednesday's edition of Dynamite that will require surgery. Statlander tagged with Hikaru Shida in a losing effort against Nyla Rose and Penelope Ford.

Statlander confirmed the news on social media:

"Since the news is out. I told you I’d dive on Kip again and dammit I did. But in doing so, I ended up with a high grade tear in my ACL. Yes I need surgery. Yes I’ll be out of the ring for a while. I’ll do my best to still show up on your TVs as much as I can."

nodq

Two torn ACLs in three shows isn’t very good, AEW should probably tone it back considering their injury misfortune, I don’t think that they need to work as high intensity matchups as they continue to do. All their best stuff comes outside of the structure and considering their confusing past couple of months with some characters, pulling back and working on getting guys their heat back through vignettes and more of the sort would help the product.