All Elite Wrestling: "End of Year Awards" #31

In the new episode 2020 comes to an end and with that, we will crown the Wrestler of the Year among many other awards. Can AEW pick up any major awards as we continue to prepare for our New Years Smash PPV?
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

"Upstaging Rivals" WWE Universe Mode: #41

The road to Wrestlemania continues in Episode 41 of WWE Universe Mode as we will see Bray Wyatt face Daniel Bryans opponent from last week Jeff Hardy in single's action. Can The Fiend defeat the same man that his Wrestlemania opponent beat?
Watch Here

WWE Royal Rumble 2021

Streaming live on the WWE Network, its the 2021 Royal Rumble! Discuss it here!
Discuss Here

NJPW The New Beginning 2021

New Japan is scheduled to return on January 17 at Korakuen Hall for the start of the Road to the New Beginning! Discuss here!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going! New to the forums? Introduce yourself! Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today! Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch Watch WWE Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz' Youtube Channel! Want more updates? Follow @BrendenPlayz on Twitter Need assistance? Message one of our friendly moderators and they will be happy to help!

World Tag League 2020 Official Discussion Thread

%E6%98%9F%E5%8F%96%E8%A1%A8_WTL_EN.png

Participants: 

FinJuice (Juice Robinson & David Finlay) - 3rd Entry, 2019 World Tag League Winners

Dangerous Tekkers (Taichi & Zack Sabre JR) - 2nd Entry, IWGP Tag Team Champions

Guerillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) - 5th Entry 

HenarACE (Hiroshi Tanahashi & Toa Henare) - 2nd Entry 

CHAOS (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) - 2nd Entry, 2/3rds of the NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Champions

CHAOS (Toru Yano & Tomohiro Ishii) - 3rd Entry, 1/3rd of the NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Champions (Ishii) and KOPW 2020 Holder (Yano)

Los Ingobernables De Japon (Shingo Takagi & SANADA) - WTL Debut, NEVER Openweight Champion (Shingo) 

Bullet Club (EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi) - WTL Debut

Bullet Club (Chase Owens & Bad Luck Fale) - 3rd Entry 

The Empire (Great O-Khan & Jeff Cobb) - WTL Debut

NJPW1972.com 

Discuss This years World Tag League Here! 

The obvious pick is Guerrillas Of Destiny, Dangerous Tekkers are the champions, FinJuice already won the tournament last year, Evil & Sanada are no more, Tencozy & GBH are not in the tournament this year, which leaves Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa to finally win this tournament, although it feels a bit too late in my opinion. KES should've won in 2017, Evil & Sanada in 2018, Guerrillas Of Destiny in 2019, which would've paved a great road for FinJuice to win in 2020.

Night 1 seemed ok. I didn't get to catch Night 2 but I enjoyed some of the results from night 1, such as Jeff Cobb joining The Empire. I wasn't shocked by the decision since I predicted him to join, so hopefully he and O'Karn win the whole damn thing, before defeating Tekkers at WK. Guerrillas Of Destiny vs FinJuice was really good, and I believe it was much better than their 2 Matches in January and February, those being WK and the US Show I believe. I didn't expect FinJuice to win actually, so it was a nice surprise. The only thing I dislike is Juice's new gear. He had some fantastic gear in 2018 and 2019, so hopefully he brings those back once more because I don't like the new gear. I have this match at 3.5. Tekkers vs YH and Goto was fine, and I enjoyed the pacing and fact that Dangerous Tekkers didn't decisively beat Goto and YOSHI-HASHI, which is another reason why I think Goto and YH win the whole tournament, before Yoshi-Hashi finally gets his moment in the dome, winning the Tag Titles. EVIL and Yujiro beat SANADA and Shingo, which was really solid. I enjoyed most of it and the end felt a little flat, which is the generic BC ending, a low blow and a finish for the win. I gave it 3 Stars. And Finally, Fale and Chase vs Yano and Ishii was solid. Fale has gained quite a bit of muscle and got in shape, so good for him. It was your typical comedic Yano match and Yano ended up jumping on Fale and Chase to win, then got a beating post-match. 2.5 from me. Solid work from all of the WTL guys, but it was inferior to Night 1 of BOSJ. Hopefully Night 3 is enjoyable aswell.

• Hall of Fame

Each day I will update the WTL & BOSJ with the current standings so if you don't want to watch NJPW but you wanna keep up, here you go:

World Tag League standings (Night 3 of Tour) - 11/18/20

4 Points

• Bullet Club (EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi) (2-0)
  • Suzuki-gun (Taichi & Zack Sabre, Jr.) (2-0)

2 Points

• Chaos (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) (1-1)
  • Chaos (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) (1-1)
  • FinJuice (David Finlay & Juice Robinson) (1-1)
  • Great-O-Khan & Jeff Cobb (1-1)
  • Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) (1-1)
  • Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA & Shingo Takagi) (1-1)

0 Points

• Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens) (0-2)
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi & Toa Henare (0-2)
  • Hall of Fame

World Tag League standings - Night 4

- World Tag League 2020 – Jeff Cobb & Great-O-Khan pinned Chase Owens & Bad Luck Fale in 6:47
- World Tag League 2020 – David Finlay & Juice Robinson pinned Toa Henare & Hiroshi Tanahashi in 11:18
- World Tag League 2020 – Tanga Loa & Tama Tonga submitted Yujiro Takahashi & EVIL in 8:35
- World Tag League 2020 – Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano pinned YOSHI-HASHI & Hirooki Goto in 15:08
- World Tag League 2020 – Shingo Takagi & SANADA pinned Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr. in 20:40

4 points (2-1): ZSJ & Taichi, EVIL & Yujiro, Ishii & Yano, GOD, Cobb & O'Khan, SANADA & Shingo, FinJuice

2 points (1-2): Goto & Hashi

0 points: AceNare, Fale & Owens

Night 3 was enjoyable. The Empire continue their roll, this time beating Bullet Club's Chase Owens and Bad Luck Fale in a solid match.  BC jumped them from behind, and one pretty nice spot was the part where Cobb and O'Khan trade Gutwrench Suplexes on Chase, before Cobb hit Tour of the Islands for the win. Solid Match, right decision by having Empire go over. That match earned 2.5 Stars from me. Then we had HenarACE against FinJuice was fine, and it was just another solid match, nothing impressive though. FinJuice won after a Doomsday Device, and are 2-1. Earned 2 Stars from me. We then had Guerillas of Destiny vs EVIl and Yujiro, which was good in my opinion. I liked the antics of Jado and Togo, and thankfully Guerillas won. Earned 3.5 from me. CHAOS then had YH and Goto face Yano and Ishii, which was entertaining. Ishii was really getting in some nasty shots in the match, while YH was the focus. He went back-first into the exposed buckle, and took the pin after Ishii finished him. I think it's interesting that YH is now getting these big opportunities to showcase his talents and does the majority of the fighting before a hot tag. Earned 3.5 from me. Then, the main event. Dangerous Tekkers vs LIJ. This was easily MOTN was very enjoyable. Shingo got the win for LIJ after hitting Last of The Dragon. Looks like he wants to become a Double Champion again, this time with regular tag over 6-Man. They had some cool sequences like when Tekkers countered the Skull End and Dragon Sleeper into stereo submissions. Yeah this was great and by far the best match. One cool move though was the Noshigami/Cutter double team, that was great. Earns 4 Stars from me. One of the better nights of WTL so far, hopefully Night 4 is good.

This was a really good night. LIJ vs BC was fine, and LIJ won as I predicted. There was nothing in particular that was bad, it was just your basic tag match, and SANADA got the win via roll-up. Earns 2.5 Stars from me also.  HenarACE vs CHAOS (YH and Goto) was also solid, and HenarACE lost again. The match was ok, they had a few good back and forth sequences and CHAOS ended up winning after a Dragon Screw to Tanahashi and the GYW to Henare. Earns 2.5 Stars from me also. CHAOS (Yano and Ishii) vs BC (EVIL and Yujiro) was good, and in typical BC fashion they won via Low Blows + EVIL. They isolated Yano and Dick Togo got involved too. Ishii got the tag, floored everyone, got a good near-fall, but as I stated above, BC cheated and ended up winning. Earns 3 Stars from me. FinJuice vs The Empire was the MOTN so far, and Jeff Cobb looks like a monster. He was throwing Finlay all over the place, but FinJuice got their stuff in too, hitting Cannonballs, Swinging DDTs, even managing to Suplex Cobb. It was a good match and The Empire ended up winning after Cobb hit Tour of The Islands. Earns 3.5 from me. Then, our Main Event. G.O.D. vs Dangerous Tekkers. This was a wild brawl, they started off brawling during Taichi's entrance, they fought on the stage, and at one point Zack and Taichi locked in dueling submissions to G.O.D. on the stage. Jado got involved too, hitting ZSJ with his cane. Tonga tried for the cutter but Zack actually caught him into a submission, before transitioning into a kneebar and Tonga tapped out, but Jado distracted the referee. The four hit each other with weapons, only for Tama Tonga to use Taichi's Iron Finger and hit Sabre with it for the win. Earns 3.75 from me. A really good show overall, excited for BOSJ too.

• Hall of Fame

World Tag League standings - Night 6

- Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA & Shingo Takagi) over Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens) by pinfall with a bridging O’Connor roll from SANADA on Owens.

- Chaos (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) over Hiroshi Tanahashi & Toa Henare by pinfall with GYW on Henare.

- Bullet Club (EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi) over Chaos (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) by pinfall with EVIL from EVIL on Yano.

- Great-O-Khan & Jeff Cobb over FinJuice (David Finlay & Juice Robinson) by pinfall with Tour of the Islands from Cobb on Finlay.

- Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) over Suzuki-gun (Taichi & Zack Sabre, Jr.) by pinfall with the Iron Finger From Hell from Tonga on Sabre.

World Tag League standings

6 Points

• Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) (3-1)
  • Great-O-Khan & Jeff Cobb (3-1)
  • Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA & Shingo Takagi) (3-1)

4 points

• Chaos (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) (2-2)
  • FinJuice (David Finlay & Juice Robinson) (2-2)
  • Bullet Club (EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi) (2-2)
  • Suzuki-gun (Taichi & Zack Sabre, Jr.) (2-2)
  • Chaos (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) (2-2)

0 Points

• Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens) (0-4)
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi & Toa Henare (0-4)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hall of Fame

World Tag League 2020 - Standings after Night 15

Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI; Juice Robinson and David Finlay; SANADA and Shingo Takagi; Taichi and Zack Sabre Jr.; Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa; Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano (5-3; 10pts)
Great-O-Khan and Jeff Cobb (4-4; 8pts) * eliminated
EVIL and Yujiro Takahashi (3-5; 6pts) * eliminated
Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens (2-6; 4pts) *eliminated
Toa Henare and Hiroshi Tanahashi (1-7; 2pts) * eliminated

With one night remaining, there are six teams left in the hunt to make the final with 10 pts each

• FDS unpinned this topic