Jump to content
Latest News
  • Book Summerslam 2018 for a chance to win TEW2016! Check out the TEW2016 section.
  • Follow @BrendenPlayz on Twitter to stay up to date with all things BPZ.
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
The Neb

BrendenPlayz Forum Suggestions/ Requests/ Questions

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Necce said:

I'd like to see the monthly awards come back. Not the monthly PPVs, but the awards such as "Promo of the Month," "Diary of the Month," "Match of the Month" for write ups, and stuff like that. I think that it could help highlight some of the best things done on the forums that might not be able to get mentioned in the slammies. Speaking of which, I have a suggestion for those aswell. I think the nominations for the slammies should involve more of the forums than just the mods. Letting the rest of the forums aswell as the mods suggest what would be nominated would let everyone feel like what they think and feel matters, even without moderation powers. 

I agree with this, the diary section is strong at the moment so that would help.

I was going to suggest that since BPZ Cash has been brought back, it should be used to pay wages of the Evolve & Carnage superstars. Understandly a lot of people don't care about BPZ Cash but this can be great in order to add some more realism within Kayfabe when a star discusses contracts with a brand GM since now there would be some sort of actual money involved and thus can lead to more negotiations instead of just chucking an amount and being ok with it since it doesn't actually mean anything. Obviously if the GMs see a struggle in paying the Cash there could possibly be an amount they get given every week just to spend on Kayfabe wages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2-2-2018 at 12:16 AM, Prince said:

I agree with this, the diary section is strong at the moment so that would help.

I was going to suggest that since BPZ Cash has been brought back, it should be used to pay wages of the Evolve & Carnage superstars. Understandly a lot of people don't care about BPZ Cash but this can be great in order to add some more realism within Kayfabe when a star discusses contracts with a brand GM since now there would be some sort of actual money involved and thus can lead to more negotiations instead of just chucking an amount and being ok with it since it doesn't actually mean anything. Obviously if the GMs see a struggle in paying the Cash there could possibly be an amount they get given every week just to spend on Kayfabe wages.

I don't believe the Gm's should be paying the cash themselves in this idea. I would give both Evolve and Carnage a budget to work with. 

I agree that this would help to bring realism and would make contracts mean more.

One negative thing about this is that all contracts should be redone to make it suit the new system more, and give the GM's an idea to rediscuss the contracts based on the new system and budget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bart said:

I don't believe the Gm's should be paying the cash themselves in this idea. I would give both Evolve and Carnage a budget to work with. 

I agree that this would help to bring realism and would make contracts mean more.

One negative thing about this is that all contracts should be redone to make it suit the new system more, and give the GM's an idea to rediscuss the contracts based on the new system and budget.

"Obviously if the GMs see a struggle in paying the Cash there could possibly be an amount they get given every week just to spend on Kayfabe wages." That was basically me saying they should get a budget because I agree GMs shouldn't pay it all themselves.

Instead of redoing contracts this idea could just be added when the next draft comes around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/02/2018 at 4:59 AM, Necce said:

I'd like to see the monthly awards come back. Not the monthly PPVs, but the awards such as "Promo of the Month," "Diary of the Month," "Match of the Month" for write ups, and stuff like that. I think that it could help highlight some of the best things done on the forums that might not be able to get mentioned in the slammies. Speaking of which, I have a suggestion for those aswell. I think the nominations for the slammies should involve more of the forums than just the mods. Letting the rest of the forums aswell as the mods suggest what would be nominated would let everyone feel like what they think and feel matters, even without moderation powers. 

This is something I think we should do, it was a great concept and I think it would work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think for kayfabe PPV match write-ups they should all be in one thread. Say for the upcoming St Valentine's Day Massacre show. We could have a thread entitled "BPZ St Valentine's Day Massacre Match Write-Ups" which everyone could reply to with their match, in order of the match order. Therefore it would be easier to find all the matches and main eventing a PPV would actually mean more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, George AK said:

I think for kayfabe PPV match write-ups they should all be in one thread. Say for the upcoming St Valentine's Day Massacre show. We could have a thread entitled "BPZ St Valentine's Day Massacre Match Write-Ups" which everyone could reply to with their match, in order of the match order. Therefore it would be easier to find all the matches and main eventing a PPV would actually mean more.

In order of match order would become a mess. Some won't do match write ups, but most will probably keep on saying that they will at some point. People want to post their stuff when they have got it done, and they would need to wait for others. It would become chaos and I highly doubt that it would work out. Sounds like a good idea in theory but I don't think it would work in reality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bart said:

In order of match order would become a mess. Some won't do match write ups, but most will probably keep on saying that they will at some point. People want to post their stuff when they have got it done, and they would need to wait for others. It would become chaos and I highly doubt that it would work out. Sounds like a good idea in theory but I don't think it would work in reality. 

I know there are these negatives but I think we are able to trump some of these problems. Starting with people who do not want to do match write-ups, they could either get their opponent to do it, or just tell their GM that they do not want to. Secondly, we could say that you have one day to post your match from the point where the person before you posted so things could flow well. And for those who want to post their matches straight away, they should just get more patient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, George AK said:

I think for kayfabe PPV match write-ups they should all be in one thread. Say for the upcoming St Valentine's Day Massacre show. We could have a thread entitled "BPZ St Valentine's Day Massacre Match Write-Ups" which everyone could reply to with their match, in order of the match order. Therefore it would be easier to find all the matches and main eventing a PPV would actually mean more.

I actually agree with this if it works. Of course there are negatives and introducing a time limit could stop those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an idea to control behaviour of common offenders in chat. We could introduce a report for those people, for example you can get a maximum of 3 ticks per day based off of your behaviour in chat, but if u misbehave you get a cross. And if you get a certain amount of crosses in a week then u get banned from chat for a few days, whereas if you get loads of ticks you are no longer on report. Lemme know what you guys think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2018 at 5:35 AM, George AK said:

I have an idea to control behaviour of common offenders in chat. We could introduce a report for those people, for example you can get a maximum of 3 ticks per day based off of your behaviour in chat, but if u misbehave you get a cross. And if you get a certain amount of crosses in a week then u get banned from chat for a few days, whereas if you get loads of ticks you are no longer on report. Lemme know what you guys think.

At the load of ticks point, I suggest if you get even one tick after having say ten ticks, they would get banned for three more days. Then if the member does good after a week, a few ticks removed till they either get to zero or add more for bad behavior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/02/2018 at 4:59 AM, Necce said:

I think the nominations for the slammies should involve more of the forums than just the mods. Letting the rest of the forums aswell as the mods suggest what would be nominated would let everyone feel like what they think and feel matters, even without moderation powers. 

2

Usually, when the mods are going through the nominations, they'll ask for nominations in chat. I'm not sure how much more could happen than that other than setting a certain time so that everyone who wants to make nominations knows when to be in chat. Having votings for nominations for votings seems a bit ridiculous to me but perhaps you had a different idea of how it would be conducted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Smith said:

Usually, when the mods are going through the nominations, they'll ask for nominations in chat. I'm not sure how much more could happen than that other than setting a certain time so that everyone who wants to make nominations knows when to be in chat. Having votings for nominations for votings seems a bit ridiculous to me but perhaps you had a different idea of how it would be conducted.

I was thinking of a topic being made that had all of the catagories in it. Anyone who wanted to participate would offer suggestions (ideally multiple but not mandatory) for topics/people to be nominated for each category. Then the results would be tallied up, by the mod team or perhaps a member who wants to help out, and the suggestions that have the most “votes” would be entered into the categories slammy poll. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Necce said:

I was thinking of a topic being made that had all of the catagories in it. Anyone who wanted to participate would offer suggestions (ideally multiple but not mandatory) for topics/people to be nominated for each category. Then the results would be tallied up, by the mod team or perhaps a member who wants to help out, and the suggestions that have the most “votes” would be entered into the categories slammy poll. 

This is a much better idea in my opinion. The mods aren't always the experts of the forums and a lot of the times it's the mods that get nominated so letting us vote for it is the right way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see the forums member begin to rate match write ups with the "Rate This Topic". I understand it would be rough to get everyone to do so at first and for people to do it fairly but I feel we could get it to work and it would add something to match write ups and even kayfabe(We could add 5 star matches to our resumes). This may be a stupid idea(Probably is), but I think it could be cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

BrendenPlayz Latest Tweets

BrendenPlayz Facebook

×