Latest News
  • Book Summerslam 2018 for a chance to win TEW2016! Check out the TEW2016 section.
  • Follow @BrendenPlayz on Twitter to stay up to date with all things BPZ.
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Monda

[NFL] National Football League discussion

I don't think anyone thinks Titans have a shot and they don't.  Pats will blow them out no questions 38-10  pats 

I like Jacksonville in this game. They to me have the best D in football and i think the Steelers play down to their competition to much and this will cost them. Jags wil get them to turn the ball over i like jags 20-13

Atlanta is hot at the right time and with no wentz Phillly has no shot. Atlanta D is surprisingly the best thing about them right now.. 24-7 Atlanta 

Last but not least the best game by far. I like the saints because they have a better offense and they're Defense is pretty Damn good as well. They play hard on D led by the heart of MLB Teo. Vikings are good but ill take Bress over  Keenum.  Saints 27-20

10 hours ago, Jonathan said:

I see your point and raise you one Case Keemun will absolutely choke. Saints defense has shut down teams like the Panthers, Falcons, only gave up 26 to the Rams, and last time these two played, the Saints defense was awful and they gave up 29 to a healthy Minny team.

New Orleans turned it around and the only chance for the Vikings on offense is Kyle Rudolph with Marshon Lattimore and Ken Crawly being amazing, meaning rhey’ll keep Diggs and Thielen quiet. The Saints will come out on top in this one, 28-24 NO. 

I raise you one Minnesota defense, the best one in the league. I can see your point of Keenum choking, but the Minny defense is arguably the best in the NFL. This game can go both ways I just think the Minny defense is too good, but I can see Brees's experience and Minnesota's history of choking leading to a Saints victory. Overall I am hoping for a good game.

No automatic alt text available.

Predictions

Patriots > Titans for obvious reasons.

Jaguars > Steelers-I feel Jags have the ability to get the upset it will be very interesting if they advance.

Saints > Vikings-Saints have been on fire this year. Gotta give them props.

Falcons > Eagles-Eagles will not be able to do it without Wentz

Time for the playoffs, I wont make predictions, as I cant do the predictions correctly cause I am biased towards one of the teams.  I will say I'm looking forward to the Steeler's/Jaguars game. ;)   Pittsburg will be playing hard for Ryan Shazier who got hurt durning the Regular season.  Antonio Brown will be in action for the game, along wth Bell, The killer B's  Brown, Ben, Bell, Boswell, and sometimes Bryant.  And recently Juju who I  am really looking forward to see how when he does.  Cant wait for this game :D

The Divisional round was awesome, Eagles beating Falcons was a upset imo and was a really fun game to watch same with Saints/Vikings as Saints where making a comeback of sorts. Kinda glad to see the Vikings win cause they can make a great game against the Eagles. Then ofc the amazing moment of Jaguars defeating the Steelers,  I loved that game. Ofc Jaguars won't be able to do the same to the Pats because they are the Pats but it will be a fun game to watch. I see Eagles going to the super bowl, which will also be a fun game to watch. Patriots going all the way tho 

Not going to repeat what Bic said, but great divisional round. Eagles with the upset over ATL, Vikings miracle walk-off touchdown, Patriots letting everyone think the Titans had a shot after the first half of the first quarter, and the Jags statement win over the Steelers. 

Conference Championship:

• Eagles vs. VikingsDespite the Eagles upset win last week, 15 points and a good defense won't be enough to keep up with the Vikings. If Case Keenum can keep delivering, I think we get the Vikings in the Superb Owl. 31-20 Vikings.
  • Patriots vs. JaguarsThe Jaguars looked really good last week, but I'm not sold on them beating the Patriots. The Steelers are notorious to playing down to their competition and it was clear they only had the Patriots on mind due to "players coach" (aka shitty coach) Mike Tomlin pretending to be a head coach. I'm not saying there isn't a chance, but the Pats look really solid right now. 35-30 Patriots.

Once again, the best team in the league is heading to the super bowl. ONCE AGAIN the GOAT will lead this team to yet another super bowl victory. The game was good, and I love the Jags. But what are you going to do? Glad to see Patriots go once again, you can call us cheaters all you want. Just know that will are going to win the superbowl once again.

Image result for 6 Rings gif

Offseason is often over looked in the NFL, but I love keeping up with the news because its so fun. The draft is fun to watch, all though any hope of getting a good first rounder is gone because of the Browns, I enjoy it. Alex Smith going to the Redskins is a huge shocker, Smith probably has a good 5 more years in him(idfk how old he is), I think the Redskins have a legit shot at the wildcard this year along with the Jaguars and some other teams. I think the Raiders, Bears, and another shock team will be who make the biggest changes. I can't wait for the season to begin once again.

So far, my teams, the Jaguars and the Patriots, are having alright offseasons. Jaguars probably overpaid for Norwell, but it's alright as he'll open more holes for Fournette to burst through, and they have made alright underseen signings like DJ Hayden to play the slot corner after Aaron Colvin left, and Donte Moncrief to fill Allen Robinson's spot. Meanwhile, while the Patriots have lost four major contributors, Clayborn will be a nice added rush, Tobin is a nice bridge guy, Jeremy Hill is a guy I'm a big fan of from his time at LSU, and re-signing Burkhead was a smart move. I look for the Patriots to add a WR like Jordan Matthews as they like former Bills and Matthews can replace the spot of Amendola, but they may look to use the cap room to sign Ebron while just having Britt and Mitchell step up into bigger roles this year.

WhiteGuy Mock Draft 1.0

#1. Browns: Saquon Barkley - RB.

#2. Giants: Josh Rosen - QB

#3. Jets: Baker Mayfield - QB

#4. Browns: Josh Allen - QB

#5. Broncos: Bradley Chubb - DE

#6. Colts: Quenton Nelson - OG

#7. Bucs: Derwan James - S

#8. Bears: Minkah Fitzpatrick - CB

#9. 49ers: Roquan Smith - OLB

#10. Raiders: Tremaine Edmuns - ILB

#11. Dolphins: Sam Darnold - QB

#12. Bills: Mason Rudolph - QB

#13. Redskins: Vita Vea - DT

#14. Packers: Denzel Wars - CB

#15. Cardinals: Calvin Ridley - WR

#16. Ravens: Josh Jackson - CB

#17. Chargers: Da'ron Payne - DT

#18. Seahawks: Kolton Miller - OT

#19. Cowboys: D.J. Moore - WR

#20. Lions: Nick Chubb - RB

#21. Bengals: Will Hernandez - G

#22. Bills: Maurice Hurst - DT

#23. Pats: Lamar Jackson - QB

#24. Panthers: Hayden Hurst - TE

#25. Titans: Harold Landry - Edge

#26. Falcons: Taven Bryan - DT

#27. Saints: Rashaan Evans - OLB

#28. Steelers: Dalles Goedert - TE

#29. Jags: Jaire Alexander - CB

#30. Vikings: Isaiah Wynn - G

#31. Pats: Marcus Davenport - RE

#32. Eagles: Mike McGlinchey

Slim's Mock Draft:

1. Browns - QB Sam Darnold, the Browns get their franchise guy and go with the safe pick.

2. Giants - RB Saquon Barkley, the Giants take some pressure off of Eli and go with a guy who is the best player in the draft.

3. Jets - QB Baker Mayfield, while Josh Allen could be the pick here, I really think the 56% comp percentage when you play at a lower college is a red flag and Mayfield will cause problems for teams as he's incredibly accurate.

4. Bills (Projected Trade with Browns). Josh Allen, they jump in front of Denver and grab their quarterback who they're very in love with, and give up picks 12, 22, and 65 to get this pick, making the Browns draft richer.

5. Broncos - Bradley Chubb, with the top 3 quarterbacks gone, the Broncos stick with Keenum, pass on Rosen and take Chubb, the 2nd best player in the draft.

6. Colts - OG Quenton Nelson, the Jets overpaid to get pick 3 and the Colts get one of the players they coveted anyways (Nelson or Chubb). What Quarterbacks can do. SMH.

7. Bucs - S Derwin James, he'll help the league's worst passing defense get a tad bit better. Still work to do though.

8. Bears - DE Harold Landry, but Davenport could very well be the pick. I think that they'll go with Landry based on how impressive he has been predraft.

9. 49ers - DB Josh Jackson - Jackson has the size and ball hawking ability to fit right into the 49ers defense, which they need if Sherman doesn't get back to full health.

10. Cardinals - QB Josh Rosen, the Cardinals leapfrog the Dolphins and steal Rosen, giving up their second rounder and a third rounder next year to move up 5 spots (PROJECTED TRADE WITH THE RAIDERS

11. Dolphins - DT Vita Vea, with the departure of Suh, they need to replace him and this is the biggest interior linemen in the draft.

12. Browns (PROJECTED TRADE) - DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, a possible #4 pick, the Browns get him at 12 due to teams liking other prospects better and gain an extra two picks in doing so. Could the Browns be smart??

13. Washington - LB Tremaine Edmunds, they need major help on defense and Edmunds is a possible top-10 pick so I think Washington fans would be happy about him sort of falling to them at 13.

14. Green Bay - DB Denzel Ward, this will replace the guy they sent to Cleveland and give them a lockdown corner. Ward reminds me of a younger Darrelle Revis as his footwork matches up to Revis, and they're about the same size. I have Ward falling here because of that size (Which Josh Jackson), and versatility (Fitzpatrick).

15. Raiders - DE Marcus Davenport, this guy seems like a Jon Gruden-type of guy and Oakland needs some pash-rushing help majorly. Him and Kahil Mack could be scary.

16. Ravens - WR Calvin Ridley, this makes waaaaaaaay too much sense. The best receiver in the draft goes to the team with the biggest receiver need.

17. Chargers - DT Da'Ron Payne, back-to-back Bama picks here gives Chargers front-seven help and puts him alongside Bosa and Ingram, allowing him to settle in while being dominating.

18. Patriots (PROJECTED TRADE WITH SEAHAWKS) - QB Lamar Jackson, the Pats give up their first rounder next year, and #43 pick to move up here... to select Lamar Jackson, a guy who ran a Patriots-style passing offense at Louisville and is an amazing fit here, the heir to Brady.

19. Cowboys - DT Taven Bryan, they need major defensive help and while WR is a concern, there's enough depth in the draft to rebuild the defense here with Bryan.

20. Lions - OT Kolton Miller, their offensive line is horridous and this could be the guy to restart it with a bang.

21. Bengals - C James Daniels, safe pick for a Bengals team who needs to hit in the first round.

22. Browns - WR DJ Moore, the Browns need some WR help and DJ Moore is a rising prospect in the draft.

23. Patriots - DB Jaire Alexander, expect the Patriots to replace Butler with him, bringing Lamar Jackson's teammate from college to the team with it's second first round pick.

24. Panthers - OG Will Hernandez

25. Titans - LB Rashaad Evans

26. Falcons - LB Leighton Vander Esch

27. Saints - WR Courtland Sutton

28. Steelers - RB Derrius Guice

29. Jaguars - TE Dallas Goedert

30. Vikings - CB Mike Hughes

31. Patriots - OT Mike McGlinchey

32. Eagles - DB Isaiah Oliver

Image result for rip baker mayfield memes

Baker may have a decent season at best, I love being optimistic and having hope but....its the Browns. The draft was good, NE had a decent one from what I've heard. Not a big fan off the offseason and I do not really keep up with it. Just can't wait for the season to start in....like 5 months

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Baker may have a decent season at best, I love being optimistic and having hope but....its the Browns. The draft was good, NE had a decent one from what I've heard. Not a big fan off the offseason and I do not really keep up with it. Just can't wait for the season to start in....like 5 months

Baker isn't starting, from what I've heard he's 3rd string behind starter Tyrod Taylor and 2nd string Drew Stanton

Also since Im bored I'll talk about the other 4 qb's picked in round one and my early playoff predictions

Josh Rosen I don't think will start, but I think he'll get playing time when Sam Bradford eventually gets hurt like he does every year. I think he'll do decent but I don't see San Francisco losing that division in any way.

Lamar Jackson reminds me of Tyrod Taylor in that he is a dual threat QB, that imo won't be your franchise guy, but instead a guy that's a fringe starter/high end backup QB. Also its been announced that Flacco is starting the year QB by John Harbaugh.

Sam Darnold I think is great but he needs to be developed a bit further before he starts. I think Josh McCown will be a good mentor for him and he will make the Jets a playoff contender if the right pieces can also come to New York.

Josh Allen I think out of the five has the best chance of starting the season as the starting QB, but AJ McCarron may get that chance first and I wouldn't be surprised if AJ does decent for Buffalo that Allen and McCarron get into a QB battle at next year's training camp

Now for my early playoff predictions

AFC
1 Patriots
2 Jaguars
3 Steelers
4 Chiefs
5 Texans
6 Broncos

NFC
1 49ers
2 Saints
3 Eagles
4 Vikings
5 Rams
6 Packers

Super Bowl
Texans vs 49ers

Super Bowl Winners
San Francisco 49ers

On 4/29/2018 at 10:59 PM, Yelich said:

Baker isn't starting, from what I've heard he's 3rd string behind starter Tyrod Taylor and 2nd string Drew Stanton

Also since Im bored I'll talk about the other 4 qb's picked in round one and my early playoff predictions

Josh Rosen I don't think will start, but I think he'll get playing time when Sam Bradford eventually gets hurt like he does every year. I think he'll do decent but I don't see San Francisco losing that division in any way.

Lamar Jackson reminds me of Tyrod Taylor in that he is a dual threat QB, that imo won't be your franchise guy, but instead a guy that's a fringe starter/high end backup QB. Also its been announced that Flacco is starting the year QB by John Harbaugh.

Sam Darnold I think is great but he needs to be developed a bit further before he starts. I think Josh McCown will be a good mentor for him and he will make the Jets a playoff contender if the right pieces can also come to New York.

Josh Allen I think out of the five has the best chance of starting the season as the starting QB, but AJ McCarron may get that chance first and I wouldn't be surprised if AJ does decent for Buffalo that Allen and McCarron get into a QB battle at next year's training camp

Now for my early playoff predictions

AFC
1 Patriots
2 Jaguars
3 Steelers
4 Chiefs
5 Texans
6 Broncos

NFC
1 49ers
2 Saints
3 Eagles
4 Vikings
5 Rams
6 Packers

Super Bowl
Texans vs 49ers

Super Bowl Winners
San Francisco 49ers

Now now. Lets not get to a hold of ourselves here. 

Just because the Broncos got Chubb, that does not mean they will make it to the Playoffs. Their offensive line is still very questionable, and who knows how well Case will do. As a Broncos fan, I appreciate the wildcard, but I dont think this year is our year. 

Next, the 49ers? They wont even win their division. Thats got the Rams all over that one, plus the Seahawks are getting better. Maybe Wildcard, sure, but not 1st in their division, and defintley not first in the East!

Texas will be good, yes, but I honestly dont know how they will beat either the Pats, Steelers, or the Jags. It seems like this is just a little bit to early to tell for sure. Plus, who knows how well Watson will come back. 

This is my predictions:

AFC:

1. Pats

2. Steelers

3. Chargers

4. Jags

5. Ravens 

6. Texans 

NFC:

1. Rams

2. Vikings

3. Eagles