BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Crown Jewel

WWE returns to Saudi Arabia LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
bailey14

[NBA] National Basketball Association Discussion

Somehow the Jazz arent playing crap. We have had a tough last few weeks and we have got wins against the Wizards, Celtics and Spurs. Mitchell is still top of the R.O.Y. race but Gobert is out injured for another month now. Meanwhile the Rockets are destroying everyone, the Warriors are doing well and the Spurs having Leonard back now. Next few weeks should be interesting.

So some of the Rockets players wanted to get into the Clippers lockerroom and possibly start a fight. That's something which I haven't heard about in the NBA or basically any sport for a long time. If it would've happened it would've been pointless as it wasn't gonna change anything expect get the players involved a fine, so it's the best for everyone that it didn't happen. 

The NBA itself has been quite interesting, some teams have risen like the Timberwolves currently being 4th in the west, however the Warriors, and especially Curry and Durant, have shown that it will take a miracle for someone to beat them. Houston seemed to be a tough a challenge but they haven't been looking as good as they did during the first months of the season. 

I still believe the Cavs will win the east, I just can't see any one the eastern times beating them 4 times. They'll have some bad losses but that happened last year aswell and we all know how thay played out. 

Blake Griffin to the pistons is official. Big move for the Pistons and for the east. Happy for that. Clippers got a few guys and some picks. I wouldn't say it was to the value of Griffin. But I guess they gotta look to rebuild and this is the start. Pistons won't win a title or anything but they can move up some ranks in the east and stay competitive.

Griffin going to the Pistons was really suprising to me, it really came out of nowhere. The east needs some star power and it might set up for great things in Detroit. I expect the Clippers to trade Jordan and go into rebuild mode, really a shame for them, the last couple of years their team had so much more potential than they got out of it.

As a LeBron fan, I'm really, really worried about the Cavs and our potential to get bounced this season. Isaiah Thomas has been exposed as someone who is a system player, JR is playing like shit, Crowder hasn't done what we need from him - 3PT shooting & defense, and LeBron's defensive efforts get worse with every game. Lue needs to go, his coaching is the reason the team is losing these games by 30 points. No discipline.

We need to trade that Nets Pick, IT4, TT, Shump, and JR to Charlotte for Kemba, Dwight, Batum, and MKG. It would bring two wings in Batum and MKG that can defend and a three-point shooter in Batum. Dwight is LeBron's friend and would be a welcome paint addition alongside Love who could do work together. And the crown jewel, the most underrated PG in the league in my opinion, Kemba Walker. Come playoff time, that would be a rotation of...

Kemba/MKG/LeBron/Love/Dwight starting, while you have Wade/Rose/Crowder/Korver/Frye/Batum/Osman/Zizic off the bench. Please Cleveland listen to me and do this trade.

On 4-2-2018 at 5:45 PM, Slim said:

As a LeBron fan, I'm really, really worried about the Cavs and our potential to get bounced this season. Isaiah Thomas has been exposed as someone who is a system player, JR is playing like shit, Crowder hasn't done what we need from him - 3PT shooting & defense, and LeBron's defensive efforts get worse with every game. Lue needs to go, his coaching is the reason the team is losing these games by 30 points. No discipline.

We need to trade that Nets Pick, IT4, TT, Shump, and JR to Charlotte for Kemba, Dwight, Batum, and MKG. It would bring two wings in Batum and MKG that can defend and a three-point shooter in Batum. Dwight is LeBron's friend and would be a welcome paint addition alongside Love who could do work together. And the crown jewel, the most underrated PG in the league in my opinion, Kemba Walker. Come playoff time, that would be a rotation of...

Kemba/MKG/LeBron/Love/Dwight starting, while you have Wade/Rose/Crowder/Korver/Frye/Batum/Osman/Zizic off the bench. Please Cleveland listen to me and do this trade.

I highly doubt the Cavs would do that trade. I am pretty sure they would like to keep the Nets pick because of the chances of Lebron leaving this summer. The Nets pick currently isn't in the position that they thought it would be in when they made the trade, but can still lead to a future asset. Also, if you are the Cavs, do you really want to have Dwights and Batum's contracts? They probably will need more firepower to beat GSW and those contracts won't help the situation. I also wouldn't like having someone like Dwight who gives the opponents to option to constantly faul him.

So because that, I don't think this trade would help them out in the long run.

- After the Blake trade it does really look like the Clippers are going to try and rebuild themselves better then ever. Hopefully they do.
- Donovan Mitchell is ROTY. Who else is gonna get 2 40+ point games.
- Somehow the Jazz have beat every top seed in the NBA and are still out of the play-offs.

Simmons has been very lackluster without Embiid to save his ass. ROTY my ass. Donovan AND Kuzma are the star players on both of their respective teams, Simmons has Embiid, aka the best player on the 76ers. Sure he is a once in a lifetime player and sure he's still a "ROOKIE" But to call him ROTY is beyond bogus for 3 reasons:

1. NOT A FUCKING ROOKIE. HE WAS DRAFTED LAST YEAR! That's calling 

2. He's not even the best player on his team while some other actial rookies are (Kuzma, Mitchell, and Dennis Smith Jr)

3. His conference is so Fucking weak. 4 teams are good in the East while 9 teams in the West were good! Simmons had it easy compared to the rookies in the West. 

Overall, Ben is NOT my ROTY. Mitchell has deserved it a helluva lot more.

9 hours ago, WhiteGuy11 said:

Simmons has been very lackluster without Embiid to save his ass. ROTY my ass. Donovan AND Kuzma are the star players on both of their respective teams, Simmons has Embiid, aka the best player on the 76ers. Sure he is a once in a lifetime player and sure he's still a "ROOKIE" But to call him ROTY is beyond bogus for 3 reasons:

1. NOT A FUCKING ROOKIE. HE WAS DRAFTED LAST YEAR! That's calling 

2. He's not even the best player on his team while some other actial rookies are (Kuzma, Mitchell, and Dennis Smith Jr)

3. His conference is so Fucking weak. 4 teams are good in the East while 9 teams in the West were good! Simmons had it easy compared to the rookies in the West. 

Overall, Ben is NOT my ROTY. Mitchell has deserved it a helluva lot more.

1. He is a rookie, nobody has ever complained about that rule upon until now. He hasn't played a season in the NBA yet, so he is a rookie. 

2. So because he is playing with another good player he doesn't deserve ROTY? That's the weakest reason I have ever heard. Also, Mitchell and Kuzma being the best players on their team is debatle, I think you are not giving Gobert enough credit there. By this logic you might as well go to the shittiest team you can find and give their best player the mvp, this is argument is  nonsense.

3. Again, so what? Lebron has had an easy conference for years and he is undisputedly the best player in the league, just like Simmons easily had the best season out of any rookie player. 

None of these arguments are valid, so please, try again.

Donovan Mitchell vs Ben Simmons

Both of these men are such amazing ball players.. But who deserves ROTY? Hoenstly, it is fair to say both do, but why do they? Here are my personal 3 reasons why each player should and should not win ROTY.

Ben Simmons should win it because:

1. Calling him a once in a generation star is insulting.. He is a once in a lifetime player! How can a rookie almost average a triple double? He's 5th in assists in the league, average scorer and top 15 in rebounds? As a rookie, that is not only amazing, it is phenomenal! 

2. Not only is he amazing on offense, he IS the best rookie defender. His lockdown defense is super amazing. Having a player who can do it on both sides of the court is someone who can  win MVP in the next couple of year's. 

3. His consistency is great. He can put up triple double numbers almost every game. If he is not scoring to well, he has the court vision to find the open teammates and they can score for him. 

Ben Simmons should not won because:

1. He can't shoot the ball. Although he can score 15 ppg, he can only get that inside the paint. In a NBA where shooting is super important, he needs to expand his rage on scoring minus just dunks and layups. Keep the defense guessing. 

2. He needs to calm down on that attitude and cockiness. If he keeps acting all hot shit, he's going to have a target on his back. As disgusting as it sounds, NBA players try to injure other players (Zaza to Kawai for example) He just needs to mature up a little before it is to late. 

3. For being in the East, his numbers should be higher in every way. Put him in the West, all of his numbers drop. The competition is so easy for the young man, he easily should be the highest scorer on the 76ers.. Except he's not..

Donovan Mitchell should win because:

1. Best offensive rookie to come out in the draft is years. Ben's consistency is good, but Donovan's is superb. He can constantly give you 20 ppg along with 4 assists and a couple of rebounds. He can score in the paint and 3 point range. He is a offensive machine! 

2. He is already the leader of the Jazz. These vets are playing behind him and looking up to him for answers. Hes their #1 option already as a rookie. He is super mature and can handle this kind of pressure already.

3. Imagine him in the East.. He could easily do 25 ppg. He's shown he can hang in with the best guards in the league. The West is no joke, and Mitchell has proven he can handle them.

Donovan Mitchell should not win because:

1. Average defender. He still needs to grow on the defensive side of the ball. Ben can already do it amazingly on both sides, Mitchell can not.

2. He needs to Fucking stop with the bad shots. Even though he's the #1 option, sometimes his decision making is awful. Needs to improve on moving that ball around to his teammates.

3. He's not putting up MVP caliber numbers like Simmons is. Sure he's averaging 20 points, but undrr 5 in assists and rebounds. He's also gotta expand on his range instead of just points. Everything matters in the NBA.

Honestly, I think both men deserve to win. They are both spectacular and both are going to be All-Stars in the next year or 2. But if I honestly had to make a decision, it would be Mitchell. No one expected this from the young man. People already knew Simmons was great, But Mitchell turned a Jazz team around. Went from "not having a shot" because Hayward left to 5th seed? He's carried and lead them better than Hayward has.. But I would not be mad if Simmons won.. Just no co-ROTY please. Brings down the prestige of the award.

The playoffs so far have been disappointing, I can't recall any close series expect for the Jazz/Thunder and Bucks/Celtics. I really hope that teh Warriors and Rocketes will go into their series without injuries as it's really going to be the only interesting series left in the playoffs as I don't think that Brad Stevens will be able to overcome the Celtics' injuries against the Cavs and as good as Lebron is, his team isn't good enough to compete with either the Rockets or Warriors. 

Predictions for the Conference Finals: (Please don't roast me if a team manages to make an increadible comeback and win their series alright?) 

Warriors vs Rockets= Warriors in 6.  

Cavs vs Celtics= Cavs in 6. 

Cavs seemingly have found a blueprint to beat the Celtics... And shocker, it's effort. I think the Cavs take this series in 7 as I believe that CLE will take Games 4, 6, and 7 and snap Boston's 9-0 home record in the playoffs while Boston will take their Game 5 at home. As for the Warriors and Rockets, Gm. 3 tonight will largely determine what my pick is as they seem even. But as of now, I would pick Houston in 6.

*WG rant time*

Well well well. It looks like your "goat" LeBron James failed hardcore in the NBA Finals. Not only did he lose, he got SWEPT. Sure, he may have had one of the worst teams in NBA history to carry to the finals, yes he basically had "no help" But.. He only has himself to blame! That's right, LeBron James is the cause for this. How? Well for starters, it is HIS own damn fault he punched a white board and "broke hid hand" Not only that, he FAILED as the leader of this Cavs team by not pumping them up in all of their games, ESPECIALLY game 4. Not only did the Cavs give up on that game, your "king" your "goat" LeBron James GAVE UP HIMSELF. Real "goats" don't fucking quit on their team like that. Allen Iverson, who arguably had a worse team than LeBron, never ever gave up on his team that entire Finals run. Did they end up losing? Yes. But at least AI gave it all he got in all of those games. He didn't experience a elimination game and just go "Fuck it. I made it this far" and then quit. AI is a better leader than LeBron. He actually got his team behind his back while LeBron failed to do that. What does that say about the "king"? Disgraceful that he is still even in the "goat" talk to people. Now it is time for LeBron to pack up his bags and GTFO because "thats the NBA now a days". So have fun seeing him on either the 76ers or Rockets. MJ nor Kobe would leave their team like LeBron will.. For the 2nd time in his career.. Just saying. 

-WhiteGuy 6-12-18

10 hours ago, WhiteGuy11 said:

*WG rant time*

Well well well. It looks like your "goat" LeBron James failed hardcore in the NBA Finals. Not only did he lose, he got SWEPT. Sure, he may have had one of the worst teams in NBA history to carry to the finals, yes he basically had "no help" But.. He only has himself to blame! That's right, LeBron James is the cause for this. How? Well for starters, it is HIS own damn fault he punched a white board and "broke hid hand" Not only that, he FAILED as the leader of this Cavs team by not pumping them up in all of their games, ESPECIALLY game 4. Not only did the Cavs give up on that game, your "king" your "goat" LeBron James GAVE UP HIMSELF. Real "goats" don't fucking quit on their team like that. Allen Iverson, who arguably had a worse team than LeBron, never ever gave up on his team that entire Finals run. Did they end up losing? Yes. But at least AI gave it all he got in all of those games. He didn't experience a elimination game and just go "Fuck it. I made it this far" and then quit. AI is a better leader than LeBron. He actually got his team behind his back while LeBron failed to do that. What does that say about the "king"? Disgraceful that he is still even in the "goat" talk to people. Now it is time for LeBron to pack up his bags and GTFO because "thats the NBA now a days". So have fun seeing him on either the 76ers or Rockets. MJ nor Kobe would leave their team like LeBron will.. For the 2nd time in his career.. Just saying. 

-WhiteGuy 6-12-18

lol at LeBron not giving his all. 

Really excited for the off-season. I think Lebron's best fit is the Spurs, him and Leonard would be one of the only combinations that I would give the edge over Golden State. I also think that the combination of Pop and Lebron would be something special that we should see. I think the other option where Lebron is in a great position to win the title is Houston, but I don't think the talents match as well in Houston as they do in San Antonio. Of course, the Cavs, Lakers and 76ers are still valid options, but I don't think any of those teams would give Lebron the roster that is required to beat Golden State.

Here are some of my ideas where Lebron could go, also these are in no specific order:

First would be to stay in Cleveland. Although its unlikely depending on how this offseason goes, he could find that he has his best chance staying at home.

Second would be the Warriors, and now before you scream hear me out. A team with James, Curry and Durant would be the greatest team in NBA history hands down and if James really wants to chase the rings of MJ and solidify his place with the gold than where better than the Warriors.

Third and what is my most likely situation for Lebron would be the Rockets. He loves CP3 and him, CP3 and Harden would mount a serious challenge to Golden State. This would give him the most firepower out of any other team to combat the Warriors.

My 4th option is the Clippers which came to my mind a little out of the blue, but I seriously believe that the Clippers could portray themselves as better options than the Lakers. A negative is that Clippers would have to free a lot of cap space to make this move. 

Fifth choice would be the Lakers. Lakers and Lebron have been linked for soo long. If Lebron is looking to become a true hollywood star than the Lakers are the place to go. Not to mention that the Lakers would be one of the only teams that could build a fresh team around Lebron. 

My 6th choice is.....Miami Heat. He's already had proven success with them and who's to say he wouldnt want to do it again. The pattern would then become clear and I would defo expect him to leave the Heat for the Cavs. Also an Eastern conference team would help Lebron get revenge over the Warriors in the finals instead of the conference finals. 

My second to last pick would be the Sixers. They probably couldnt give him a championship team but if he wants to spend his years with the best young core in the league then Philly is the best place. Simmons, Embiid and Lebron would also be class. 

Lastly, the probable favorite endpoint for Lebrons offseason is the Spurs. I mean how sick would a partnership be with Gregg Poppovich? Not to mention the pieces he would have alongside him such as Kawhi and LaMarcus. The only issue I have with this is how Spurs would get the cap space. A lot of things would have to go right to make this signing.