WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
bailey14

[NBA] National Basketball Association Discussion

I honestly only see four options for him, two being likely and two unlikely...

1. The Cleveland Cavaliers: This would be up to LeBron to do recruiting but convincing Paul George to opt in, then doing a three-way deal with the Suns would land the Cavaliers Carmelo Anthony and Paul George, one of LeBron's best friends and a player he has longed to play with. In short, Oklahoma City would receive Davon Reed, Tristan Thompson, JR Smith, the #8 Pick, and a 2021 Cleveland First Round Pick, while the Suns took on the contract of George Hill and got prospect Ante Zizic for doing so. Then, with the MLE, convincing Pat Bev to join the squad would sure up the point guard position. And to me, I would call Boston about a potential Love/Clarkson for Horford/Semi Ojeleye swap, because Horford and LeBron would be amazing together. In short, you'd end up with a roster like this; Beverley - PG13 - LeBron - Horford - Nance Jr. with Melo, Kyle Korver, potentially Rodney Hood, and Cedi Osman off the bench with whoever else you get in Free Agency. An explosive offense that won't fold, since LeBron won't have to handle the ball 24/7 and a decent defense. Could it beat Golden State? Possibly.
  2. The Los Angeles Lakers: A more likely place for George and LeBron to team up would be Los Angeles where they can just sign as free agents and not have to gamble on what Kobe Altman and co can put together for the rest of the roster. A lineup of Lonzo-PG-LeBron-Kuzma with Ingram at the 5 is their very own version of the Hamptons 5, and basically just need a center to go alongside whoever they slot at the four, whether it be Kuz or Ingram. Some options include Dwayne Dedmon, Nerlens Noel (my personal favorite), Jahlil Okafor, and bringing back Brook Lopez. In short, the team could also look to flip a combo of Kuzma/Ingram/Lonzo for Kawhi but it's highly unlikely the Spurs give him up... Could it beat Golden State? Personally I'd say no but crazier things have happened, it really depends on the development of Lonzo and Kuzma. They would definitely be an interesting team.
  3. The Philadelphia 76ers: This is my least favorite option for LeBron and I don't buy the hype for him going here. Why? Because Philadelphia will and should not trade Ben Simmons and to have LeBron/Simmons on the same floor would create huge issues. Both need the ball, and Simmons doesn't have a jumpshot. While LeBron wants to play offball I just cannot fathom a place where LeBron just stands in the corner while Ben Simmons runs isolation, it just won't work. Factor in touches for Joel Embiid and Philadelphia looks like a terrible option. But let's say they do land The King, not many changes need to be made. A lineup of Simmons - Redick (MLE Signing) - LeBron - Saric - Embiid would look good on paper but would have some adjustments to make off the court. With RoCo and co. off the bench, it would be one of the best teams in the league but you could say that about any team if you add LeBron onto it.
  4. The San Antonio Spurs: Without a doubt, this is my favorite option, and going from my least favorite to favorite seems about right. The pairing of LeBron James and Gregg Popovich is only things that happen in 2k, but an opportunity stands for LeBron to go to an organization that is literally known for managing minutes and making sure players are rested enough to play into their late-30s. A walking example of this is Manu, who is playing the 2018-2019 season at age 40. But that's not it, he has the potential to pair with the best two-way player in the World, Kawhi Leonard and there is a possibly that San Antonio could execute a sign and trade for Paul George, sending LaMarcus Aldridge to Oklahoma City. But to do this they need to make sure Danny Green and Rudy Gay do not accept their player options, and I would bring Green back for like 3 million as he's a great defender and excellent 3pt shooter, and LeBron will find him looks. Center is a position they need to address as they get Gasol and Mills off the books for this to work. This would be another great fit for either Dwayne Dedmon to return or Nerlens Noel. With Paul George a lineup could feature Dejounte Murray/PG/Kawhi/LeBron/Noel or Dedmon, but with Aldridge size is key as they trout out Murray/Kawhi/LeBron/Aldridge/Noel or Dedmon. This is ideal for LeBron and I have faith that the Warriors would be unseated as Kings of the NBA with this team.

Houston isn't a viable option to me because of their contract situation, Miami is terrible, Warriors unrealistic, and Celtics are already set with their team, but another reason would be cap. So to me, this is LeBron's four options, and I ultimately think he will choose LA to team up with Paul George but once again my preference for him would be San Antonio.

Here are some bold predictions for the off-season:

1. Paul George goes to Utah. 

2. Leonard gets traded to the.. Cavs, Celtics, or Heat.

3. KD signs elsewhere.

4. AD signs with the Warriors. 

5. Boogie signs with the Mavericks.

6. Raptor trade BOTH DeRozen and Lowry.

7. John Wall gets traded. 

8. Dame gets traded (to Cavs specifically).

9. LeBron signs with the Rockets.

10. (Marc) Gasol signs with Cavs. 

Honestly. I'll be surprised if I get any right, but who knows, it is the NBA. Something big is bound to happen. 

Round 1

Mandatory Games

Games 1: 21 | 8 | 27 | 2 | 6 | 18 | 8 | 3

Games 2: 10 | 15 | 11 | 14 | 9 | 3 | 7 | 20

Games 3: 20 | 17 | 13 | 2 | 19 | 24 | 4 | 8

Games 4: 16 | 13 | 2 | 23 | 8 | 4 | 19 | 17

Additional Games

EGs: 5 | 13 | 8 | 10 | 3 | 8 | 18 | 11 | 10 | 24 | 5 |16 | 4

Round 2

Mandatory Games

Games 1: 22 | 24 | 16 | 1

Games 2: 5 | 8 | 18 | 5

Games 3: 19 | 21 | 3 | 2

Games 4: 26 | 13 | 11 | 25

Additional Game

Game 5: 9 | 2

Round 3

Mandatory & Additional Games

Game 1: 25 | 13

Game 2: 13 | 22

Game 3: 20 | 41

Game 4: 9 | 3

Game 5: 13 | 4

Game 6: 10 | 29

Game 7: 8 | 9

NBA Finals

Mandatory Games

Game 1: 10

Game 2: 19

Game 3: 8

Game 4: 23

The NBA is no longer a competition driven league. It’s not like the NFL where upsets routinely occurred and almost every playoff team felt like on that could win a championship. The NBA no longer relies on teams like the “We Believe” Warriors causing a stir and spiking ratings. Everybody, despite pleas to God, knew and expected the result which occurred yet the NBA remains strong. This playoff year, I watched one game, Cavs v Celtics game 7. As the data set shows above (though yes it doesn’t count for IF Free Throws), a strong majority of these years playoff games were blowouts (44 decided by 10+ points) and I expected such so I didn’t watch. The NBA is becoming what Marvel is to the Cinematic Universe, praised for moments despite how boring, cumbersome, or wild the plot may be. You don’t have to watch to know what happens for most movies, some may provide twists but those die out as people recycle moments as the reason for praising the films. Coming out of the playoffs I haven’t heard a single game be praised but moments be recalled over and over, and this league may very remain like this for the next several years. That’s why I can no longer get invested in the product, just follow from afar and why I disliked the playoffs as a whole. 

The NBA needs to go to a 1-16 playoff seeding, it's just time man. There are four possible NBA Championship Teams in the East, maybe five if you stretch the Bucks, but there are about seven in the West, and five are better than those four (Lakers, Rockets, Thunder, Jazz, Warriors all better than Boston, Toronto, Indiana, and Philadelphia). It would create intriguing matchups like potentially the Jazz vs Philadelphia while having the BEST TWO TEAMS in the NBA in the Finals, instead of the first best vs the sixth best every year.

If there's any year to do it, it would have been this one with LeBron switching teams but Adam Silver's a huge pussy lol

On 7/24/2018 at 7:56 AM, KING said:

The NBA needs to go to a 1-16 playoff seeding, it's just time man. There are four possible NBA Championship Teams in the East, maybe five if you stretch the Bucks, but there are about seven in the West, and five are better than those four (Lakers, Rockets, Thunder, Jazz, Warriors all better than Boston, Toronto, Indiana, and Philadelphia). It would create intriguing matchups like potentially the Jazz vs Philadelphia while having the BEST TWO TEAMS in the NBA in the Finals, instead of the first best vs the sixth best every year.

If there's any year to do it, it would have been this one with LeBron switching teams but Adam Silver's a huge pussy lol

Completely agree with what Slim is saying here with the 16 best teams in the competition battling for the championship that way we wont be seeing teams that are 20th best in the league but are only their because the Eastern Conference is weak as fuck right now 

On 7/23/2018 at 11:56 PM, KING said:

I said this in chat earlier, but personally I think that the Celtics are the second best team in the NBA behind only the Warriors. However, I do agree with the fact that the NBA should eliminate, it may lead to some logistics issues but I am sure that those can be solved. 

On 7/23/2018 at 10:56 PM, KING said:

Completely agree, it sucks pretty much having the WCF being the NBA Finals right now. But I don't see anything changing soon. Changing the way the playoffs work would be a lot of work. Not just in the post season but they would need to find a new way for the regular season to work. I mean, if we are having a 1-16 playoffs based of the best records in the NBA. Will we even need the Eastern and Western conferences?

Since the NBA seasn starts today, I thought this was the perfect time to post my predictions for the seasons. (going of the current teams, so Butler is on the Wolves)

West: 

1. Warriors
  2. Rockets 
  3. OKC 
  4. Jazz 
  5. Lakers 
  6. Pelicans 
  7. Nuggets
  8. Wolves

East: 

1. Celtics 
  2. Raptors 
  3. 76ers
  4. Bucks
  5. Indiana 
  6. Wizards
  7. Heat  
  8. Pistons

WCF: Warriors over Rockets in 5 

ECF: Celtics over Raptors in 6 

Nba Finals: Warriors over Celtics in 6 

MVP: Kawhi/Davis

ROTY: Ayton 

DPOY: Davis 

MIP: Jamal Murray 

6MOTY: Schröder 

COTY: Stevens

West

1. Warriors

2. Rockets

3. Utah

4. OKC

5. Lakers

6. Pelicans

7. Trail Blazers

8. Nuggets

East

1. Celtics

2. 76ers

3. Raptors

4. Bucks

5. Indiana

6. Wizards

7. Pistons

8. Cavaliers

MVP - Giannis

ROY - Doncic

WCF - Warriors Beat Rockets In 6

ECF - Celtics Beat Raptors In 5

Finals - Warriors Beat Celtics In 6

No doubt the Warriors will win but I'm hoping the 76ers make the finals. They have a strong team and hopefully Simmons has developed more and can provide more on offence. Celtics will be tough to beat but it'll be a close one. Lebron will take the Lakers to the playoffs but expect him to bow out in the first or second round. He can't do it all. It depends on where they seed. If they're mid range, they will make it to the second round. Down low, see ya later.

West:

1:Warriors 

2: Rockets 

3: Lakers

4: Jazz

5: Thunder 

6: Nuggets 

7: Timberwolves 

8: Spurs

East: 

1: Celtics 

2: 76ers

3: Raptors 

4: Bucks

5: Wizards 

6: Pacers

7: Pistons

8: Heat

WCF: Warriors over Lakers in 5

ECF: Celtics over 76ers in 5

Finals: Warriors over  Celtics in 6

MVP: KD

ROY: Ben Simmons (Mo Bomba)

DPOY: Davis

MIP: Ball

6MOTY: Rozier 

COTY: Luke Walton

The Philadelphia 76ers traded for Jimmy Bulter and the Philadelphia 76ers got jimmy butler so now the Philadelphia 76ers traded Dario Robert covertin and a 2nd round draft pick and I am very sad to see Dario and Robert go but I wish both of them the best of luck with their careers over in Minnesota because they always have a home in Philadelphia but I really wanna see them do good plus they wouldn’t pull a move like Kevin snake Durant did leave your team to go to another team to win rings so I really wanna see both of them do well in their careers.

9 minutes ago, ArrowFreakingRollins said:

The Philadelphia 76ers traded for Jimmy Bulter and the Philadelphia 76ers got jimmy butler so now the Philadelphia 76ers traded Dario Robert covertin and a 2nd round draft pick and I am very sad to see Dario and Robert go but I wish both of them the best of luck with their careers over in Minnesota because they always have a home in Philadelphia but I really wanna see them do good plus they wouldn’t pull a move like Kevin snake Durant did leave your team to go to another team to win rings so I really wanna see both of them do well in their careers.

I think they'll do okay. I don't know much about the TWolves but they're both quality players and should get minutes. If not, they will move on to another team that will give them the mins.

This might be an  unpopular opinion but last year the only reason the Timberwolves made the playoffs is because of Butler. Towns and Wiggins have been extremely inconsistent this year and I don't see them leading this team to the playoffs once again especially with a stacked Western Conference. Sixers however will be good, but their bench is a worry and that will stop them from making the NBA finals or even the Conference Finals 

The Celtics this season have been very underwelming after last years playoffs run. I was hoping for some big things but a round 10-10 after 20 games isnt too great. Hopefully Stevens can find a way to fit Hayward and the rest into the system as the integration of Hayward seems to be taking its toll on the team aswell as a more underwelming season from the stars of the Playoff run like Brown, Horford and Rozier

I know it’s early but the Western Conference is looking tough majority of the teams are within two games. Lakers turned it around, still got to wonder if curry wasn’t injured would it look different. If all the teams keep playing like this we could see an exciting home stretch run towards the end of the season.