WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
bailey14

[NBA] National Basketball Association Discussion

I like the Lakers roster that we've assembled. You know obviously we missed out on some really good guys going for Kawhi but with Davis and Lebron you just need decent guys around them. But we got Danny Green and DeMarco Cousins which im super happy about. Glad to see McGee back as well. And pope is a good shooter so glad we got him back. Quin cook was a very nice signing. I don't think he should start over the experienced Rondo but he adds shooting to the team. Lakers are gonna be Championship Contenders finally its been awhile. Super excited 

going out on an extreme here and saying that while the Nets and Clippers clearly had the best offseasons, teams like the Utah Jazz and Dallas Mavericks should come strong next year due to their lack of moves. consistency is key. Also, the Knicks did the best they could. Most of those players they signed were to 1+1 deals, so if next summer they wanna say fuck it they could just blow it up again.

The Boston Celtics are keeping one of the more polarizing players of the Las Vegas Summer League.

On Thursday, the Celtics announced that the team was signing four players to contracts for the 2019-20 season, including center Tacko Fall. According to a report from Adam Himmelsbach of The Boston Globe, Fall has signed an Exhibit 10 contract with the franchise. 

In five games for the Celtics' Summer League team, Fall put together averages of 7.2 points, 4.0 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks while shooting a mind-numbing 77.3 percent from the field. In addition, the highly-touted big man scored 12 points on 6-of-8 shooting and hauled in eight rebounds against the Memphis Grizzlies on July 11 and registered a pair of double-doubles during that five-game span.

Fall spent all four years of his collegiate career at Central Florida and averaged 10.1 points, 7.7 rebounds, and 2.4 blocks. Following a very productive college career, the 7'7" big man went undrafted and ultimately landed with the Celtics with a chance to earn a contract.

I know this really isn't any big news but as a huge fan of Tacko Fall I'm extremely happy that Boston have given him a spot on the extended roster with a chance to make the final spot on the regular season team. It's highly unlikely that he does end up getting on the roster but the fact someone who was known as a meme is actually so close to living his NBA Dream is amazing

Tacko will probably be sent to the G-League for his first season. Potentially on a two-way contract but I am not sure on that. I feel like he 100% isn't ready to start in the NBA and he still has to progress as a player before he gets serious minutes off of the bench. Potentially he could get 5 or 6 at the end of a match in garbage time.

Recently I have been thinking about what I think would be the perfect starting 5 in the NBA today. Heres is what I came up with.

PG - Stephen Curry - In the era of the 3pt shot how can u not have Curry. One of the best dribblers and shot creators as well.

SG - James Harden - Although the defense from the guard may be lacking, the 3 pointers these two would rain down would be insane.

SF - LeBron James - LeBron has to be here, he is an amazing all-round player and deserves this spot fully.

PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo - I know Giannis doesn't play here but he can play here. He is the future of the league and i fantastic.

C  - Rudy Gobert - Gotta put my boy in there. Rudy is the best defensive big man in the league, the 2x DPOTY is exactly who we need in the post to reject all the shots.

Let me know who you would have.

So I watched this video where Colin Cowherd ranked the current NBA duos, giving each team a talent rating and a chemistry rating, each out of five. I think his takes are pretty interesting and he makes some fair points but I wouldn't totally agree. Here is what he ended up with.

'Title Contender Tier'

Golden State Warriors: Steph Curry & Klay Thompson (Talent: 4 & Chemistry: 5)

Los Angeles Clippers: Paul George & Kawhi Leonard (Talent: 4.5 & Chemistry: 4.5)

Milwaukee Bucks: Giannis Antetokounmpo & Khris Middleton (Talent: 4 & Chemistry: 5)

Denver Nuggets: Jamal Murray & Nikola Jokic (Talent: 4 & Chemistry: 5)

'Not Quite Title Contender Tier'

Los Angeles Lakers: LeBron James & Anthony Davis (Talent: 5 & Chemistry: 3)

Dallas Mavericks: Luka Doncic & Kristaps Porzingis (Talent: 4.5 & Chemistry: 3.5)

Brooklyn Nets: Kevin Durant & Kyrie Irving (Talent: 5 & Chemistry: 2.5)

Portland Trailblazers: Damian Lillard & CJ McCollum (Talent: 3 & Chemistry: 4)

'It Won't Last Long Tier'

Utah Jazz: Mike Conley & Donovan Mitchell (Talent: 2.5 & Chemistry: 4)

Boston Celtics: Kemba Walker & Jayson Tatum (Talent: 2.5 & Chemistry: 4)

Houston Rockets: Russell Westbrook & James Harden (Talent: 5 & Chemistry: 1)

Philadelphia 76ers: Ben Simmons & Joel Embiid (Talent: 4.5 & Chemistry: 1.5)

Collin Cowherd is known for having some really bizarre takes and some that really just don't make sense at all and some of these are evident in this. Jokic and Murray can't win a championship, not in this current era of basketball. Giannis by himself can get it done but Middleton not so much, and by having duos like Lebron and AD, KD and Kyrie lower than some of the ones mentioned above I find hilarious. Maybe CC is a genius after all and I'll eat my words but I doubt it

I saw this video and clicked off as soon as he rated Splash Brothers higher than LeBron and AD. No disrespect to Cowherd, because I know this is how dude makes his money but just like every major analyst, he's pretty off kilter every time he makes a prediction.

And, I'm one of the very few, but I actually believe Russ and Harden will work. I may eat my words but the two want to make things work and are chasing that illustrious ring now, so I could see them starting off slow like 5-8 then changing their playing style to better help how the gameplan would work against oppositing teams.

To see him put the Nuggets over the Lakers is pretty stupid, But what can I expect from Colin Cowherd lol. I think Durant and Irving will work out as well and Russ n Harden. Joel and Ben lead were on the 76ers team this postseason which were one shot away from beating the Raptors who became the champions so I don't agree with that either.