BrendenPlayz Elimination Chamber

WWE Universe Mode: #32 is now available to view on BrendenPlayz Youtube! Roman Reigns will meet one of his toughest opponents to date, Randy Orton in our main event. Can Randy avenge himself for his Elimination Chamber loss?
Watch Here

NJPW G1 Climax 30

The G1 Climax is arguably the most prestigious pro-wrestling tournament in the world. The 30th edition of G1 is filled with stacked entrant list with Will Ospreay, KENTA, Jay White, Jeff Cobb, and Juice Robinson finally returning to Japan for the first time since the start of the year. What are your tournament picks? Discuss it here!
Discuss Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Streaming live on the WWE Network, its the Clash of Champions! Discuss it here!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!

[NBA] National Basketball Association Discussion

Former All-Star guard Joe Johnson, who spent last season in the BIG3 league, is headed back to the NBA.

Per Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports and Shams Charania of The Athletic, Johnson has agreed to a partially guaranteed one-year deal with the Detroit Pistons. Additionally, Haynes reports, the Pistons will be waiving veteran forward Michael Beasley, who had reportedly agreed to a one-year deal with the Pistons in early August.

Great to see Joe Johnson back in the NBA after tearing it up in the Big 3 tournament. NBA is of course a big step up but if nothing else he provides that leadership and veteran experience to the Pistons locker room

Melo still can't get that contract tho 😂

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sad news in the NBA world today. Former Utah Jazz head coach Jerry Sloan at age 74 has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. Jerry Sloan coached the Jazz from 1988 to 2011. He has 19 playoff appear

Main question.. If the 95-96 Bulls were still playing, who would win.. Bulls or Warriors? Imo. I believe that the Bulls would win. They play physical and tbh, I believe they would destroy that little

I like the Lakers roster that we've assembled. You know obviously we missed out on some really good guys going for Kawhi but with Davis and Lebron you just need decent guys around them. But we got Dan

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NBA 2020 ALL STARS!

WESTERN CONFERENCE

James Harden
Luka Doncic
LeBron James (C)
Kawhi Leonard
Anthony Davis
-----------------------------
Damian Lillard
Donovan Mitchell
Nikola Jokic
Rudy Gobert
Brandon Ingram
Russell Westbrook
Chris Paul

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Kemba Walker
Trae Young
Giannis Antetokounmpo (C)
Pascal Siakam
Joel Embiid
---------------------------------
Jimmy Butler
Kyle Lowry
Ben Simmons
Khris Middleton
Jason Tatum
Bam Adebayo
Domantas Sabonis

During the past week I have gotten into Basketball for the first time in nearly six years. With a lot of new players, it was very interesting to watch how the game has grown in those few years I was gone. Right now I have three guys I really enjoy watching, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George and Stephen Curry. I have went back watched some old games, highlights and such and all three of them have really caught my attention. Excited to watch more NBA, as it seems like a very fun sport, very entertaining to my eye. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Hall of Fame

LeBron James with statement performances in statement wins against the Clippers and Bucks, phenomenal showing and weekend for Lake Show. LeBron went right at Kawhi and Giannis, something we had yet to see from him this season against those two and earned the wins. I think with Giannis out, it's very possibly the Lakers catch the Bucks and have the best record going into the playoffs, which may help a LeBron-MVP narrative.

• 2 months later...

It was revealed recently that the NBA will be evaluating in 2-4 weeks if they will return and signs show that NBA is hopeful that they will return. And, honestly I have mixed feelings about this depending on how they resume the season. If they just start in the playoffs then I feel like there is a chance someone who really shouldn't be there could win it all. But, I'm happy at least one of my favorite sports, let alone sports in general, might be on the return sooner rather than later.

• Hall of Fame

I need the NBA to comeback as soon as possible I’m getting bored and bored everyday. No sports at all sucks everyday just feels like the same with me doing the same thing everyday. I need something to watch again and Basketball is our best shot at it. Plus Lakers were on there way to a championship I really thought and I don’t want that opportunity missed. They need to bring back the season even if they don’t finish the regular season I’m completely fine with just going right into the playoffs and getting things going. But we need the NBA back already 

• Hall of Fame

NBA Working on Agreement to play Rest of Season in Orlando 

The NBA has entered into exploratory conversations with the Walt Disney Company about restarting the remainder of its season at Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Florida, in late July, NBA spokesperson Mike Bass said Saturday.

The NBA, in conjunction with the National Basketball Players Association, is engaged in exploratory conversations with The Walt Disney Company about restarting the 2019-20 NBA season in late July at Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Florida as a single site for an NBA campus for games, practices and housing," Bass said. "Our priority continues to be the health and safety of all involved, and we are working with public health experts and government officials on a comprehensive set of guidelines to ensure that appropriate medical protocols and protections are in place."

The NBA suspended its season indefinitely on March 11, in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

It remains unclear whether the NBA will play the remainder of its regular season or proceed directly to the playoffs. But the 220-acre ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, with its three arenas and ample hotel accommodations, would allow the league to restart play while limiting outside exposures.

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported Friday that the NBA has a board of governors call set for next Friday, which is expected to provide additional details for teams on a timetable and plan to proceed with the season. Teams are expecting the league to instruct them to start recalling players to their team's markets around June 1.

The NBA is discussing a step-by-step plan for a resumption of the 2019-2020 season that includes an initial two-week recall of players into team marketplaces for a period of quarantine, one to two weeks of individual workouts at team facilities and a two-to-three-week formal training camp, Wojnarowski reported. Barring an unforeseen turn of events, many NBA owners, executives and NBPA elders believe commissioner Adam Silver will greenlight the return to play in June -- with games expected to resume sometime before the end of July, sources said.

Hurry Please 

• Hall of Fame

I really need some sort of sport to come back. Getting pretty boring as Bailey said before. NBA is always fun to watch and I was really looking forward to the playoffs this year with all these amazing duos now. Hopefully, the season resumes and just heads to the playoffs, it seems like they are heading in that direction. 

• Hall of Fame

NBA considering World Cup Style First Round:

A World Cup-style group format for the first round of the NBA playoffs reportedly is among the ideas the league is currently considering for a summer return.

According to Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer, a survey sent to general managers last week suggested the league would break teams with the 20 best records into "tiers" and then create evenly matched pools. Teams would then play two games against each of the teams in the pools (eight games total), with the top two teams advancing to an eight-team second round.

Advancing teams would then play standard best-of-seven series for the remainder of the playoffs. How the seeds would be determined after pool play is yet to be decided.

BleacherReport

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hall of Fame

NBA Board of Governors approves competitive format to restart 2019-20 season with 22 teams returning to play

NEW YORK -- The NBA Board of Governors today approved a competitive format to restart the 2019-20 season with 22 teams returning to play and a tentative start date of Friday, July 31.  The Board’s approval is the first formal step among many required to resume the season.

If, as tentatively scheduled, the season resumes on July 31, then the 2020 NBA Draft Lottery would be rescheduled for Aug. 25, the 2020 NBA Draft would be held on Oct. 15 and the 2020-21 NBA regular season would likely begin on Dec. 1, 2020. 

nba.com

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/7/2020 at 8:17 PM, Sameer said:

NBA Board of Governors approves competitive format to restart 2019-20 season with 22 teams returning to play

nba.com

As much as I want the NBA to return it feels more and more likely that it will not resume again. Until they truly get a grasp on Covid I’m not sure how they will return. Also with recent reports of players continuously catching the virus it to me doesn’t make sense to force a restart or return. If they develop a legit plan that’s safe then cool but this is tricky for this sport. 

• 2 months later...
  • Hall of Fame

If you ain’t believe it you should believe it now. Clippers curse is Fucking real haha. They can’t ever get to the WCF. They need to get the hell out of LA they don’t belong there. We gave them what 7 years to be the team of LA and they could never get it done well now the Lakers are back we never lost the city but we did suck for a bit but we back baby and the clippers will never be the team of LA. Kawhi, PG all choked big time. Clippers curse is real folks. Lets go Lakers! For Kobe