BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Summerslam

Discuss the biggest event of the Summer in WWE, Summerslam!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
bailey14

UFC Official Discussion

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones failed a drug test ahead of his championship win over Daniel Cormier at UFC 214 last month in Anaheim, California, UFC president Dana White said Tuesday.

White denied that the UFC has stripped Jones of the title, as TMZ reported.

In a statement released Tuesday, the UFC said Jones' failed test stemmed from an in-competition sample that was collected at his weigh-in on July 28, the day before his fight against Cormier.

According to TMZ, which was first to report news of the failed test, Jones tested positive for the anabolic steroid Turinabol. White did not comment on the banned substance for which Jones tested positive.

"I always know what to say. I don't know what to say about this one," a somber White told reporters Tuesday, calling the news "unbelievable."

"These things never come at a good time. They're always bad, especially with somebody like Jon Jones. In my opinion, he's the best to ever do it. That makes it even more unfortunate."

Jones' camp released a statement Tuesday, saying, "We are all at a complete loss for words right now. Jon, his trainers, his nutritionists and his entire camp have worked tirelessly and meticulously the past 12 months to avoid this exact situation. We are having the samples tested again to determine the validity or source of contamination.

"Jon is crushed by this news, and we are doing whatever we can as a team to support him."

This is the second failed drug test of Jones' tumultuous career. The UFC was forced to pull Jones from a scheduled headliner against Cormier just days before UFC 200 in July 2016, after he tested positive for anti-estrogenic agents. Jones later told the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency that failed test was the result of an unmarked sexual enhancement pill.

Jones, 30, served a one-year suspension for the failed test. Before that, the UFC stripped him of his title in 2015 after he was arrested on hit-and-run charges. He is the only UFC champion to be stripped of a title because of disciplinary reasons.

Under the UFC's anti-doping program, multiple offenders face the possibility of a suspension doubled in length.

"If he ends up getting two or three [years], it might be the end of his career," White said Tuesday. "How old is Jon now? 30? And he'd be 33, 34 trying to make a comeback again? You look at what could have been and what he could've done -- it's sad."

If the results of the failed test hold, Jones' UFC 214 win over Cormier will be changed to a no-contest. Cormier, whose only two career losses have come against Jones, said Tuesday night that news of Jones' failed test was "very emotional."

"It's hard to find words to describe how I'm feeling right now," Cormier said in a statement. "I'm disappointed to hear the news. It's very emotional. We, as athletes, are entitled to due process, and I will refrain from saying much more until I know exactly what happened.

"In my mind, on July 29, I competed, and I lost. I thought Jon Jones was the better man that day. I don't know what to think anymore. I can't believe we are going through all of this again. We will see what happens next."

White also told reporters Tuesday that the UFC had been looking at a potential superfight between Jones and heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic in December before finding out about Jones' failed test.

Jones' win over Cormier at UFC 214 falls under the jurisdiction of the California State Athletic Commission.

CSAC executive director Andy Foster released a statement to ESPN saying that the commission is aware of Jones' failed test and will work with the USADA, which administers the UFC's anti-doping program, in its investigation.

"The California State Athletic Commission has been made aware of Jon Jones' test results and is looking into the matter," the statement read. "The Commission takes these matters very seriously and will take any appropriate actions necessary after a thorough review of the situation.

"As with all fighters, Mr. Jones is entitled to due process, and the Commission will work with [the USADA] to get all of the proper information."

Jones maintains the right to request that his "B" sample be tested to confirm the failed test. He also has the right to an appeal.

Before his win over Cormier, Jones adamantly denied accusations that he has used performance-enhancing drugs and said he resented Cormier for saying that he suspected Jones of longtime PED use.

"Daniel is trying to paint me as a steroid user. That's his biggest ammo," Jones told ESPN before the fight. "He can't say anything about my actual talent or skills.

"Out of all the things I've done bad, the thing I despise most [is PED use]. ... Steroids is something I've never done. And I don't want people chalking up a misunderstanding or a tainted supplement to me being a steroid user. It's one of the most insulting things you can do to a guy who's accomplished the things I've accomplished."

3 minutes ago, BrendenPlayz said:

Jon Jones is a deadset moron and it's time that we just cut him loose and forget about him. You have a major comeback and you mess it up like that, you've gotta be done at this point. Let Belator deal with him.

Well considering this suspension would be up to 2-3 years you could say he is done. He is already 30.

1 minute ago, bailey14 said:

Well considering this suspension would be up to 2-3 years you could say he is done. He is already 30.

I didn't know that (didn't read the full article). So three years yeah he's gotta be close to done. I mean he could still come back for sure he'll be young enough. A lot of guys can fight till 40 successfully. But three years out of the game is a long time. If I'm Jon Jones, I'm calling WWE right now and trying to get that Lesnar match lol. 

Jon Jones is just a straight up idiot. He's one of the best MMA fighters of all time and he's messing up what could be a legendary career with all of the drugs he's taking. I'm pretty sure if the suspension is around 3 years his career has to be done. I genuinely think he couldn't care less though as long as he makes money at the end of it and it's sad to see him waste away his career like he has. Maybe WWE will bring him in and give him a fight against Lesnar but can he really be trusted with all of the dumb shit he's been doing.

I think Jon Jones is done with UFC and I don't see him going to Bellator or any other MMA company. 3 years is a very long time to be gone, and if  he returns I doubt he will get the same comeback hype as he did get this time. Honestly think WWE is his best option right now, he still got a big name and can surely make a lot of money in WWE.

– Michael Bisping appeared on last night’s UFC Tonight, and spoke about this weekend’s fight against Georges St-Pierre. Here are the highlights…

Bisping on how this fight is bigger than others he’s had: “GSP is coming out of retirement. He’s one of the best to ever do it in the Octagon. I’m the middleweight champion, he was the welterweight champ for a long time. This sounds like a Hollywood movie. It’s a great dream, but unfortunately dreams don’t come true for GSP this time.”

Bisping on what’s next after this fight: “I’m going to beat Georges so bad we won’t see him again. Then, I’ll go down to Australia and whoop Robert Whittaker’s ass, who’s walking around with a fake belt.”

Bisping on having coach Jason Parillo, whose opponents faced GSP in the past, in his corner: “It’s a great advantage. Jason wants to make sure once in his career he beats Georges. I’m ready. I’ve been knocking out sparing partners in the gym. Here’s the thing. GSP is going to try to take me down and cuddle me to death. And we all know I’m not a good cuddle.”

Best in the fucking world. GSP is going to get his head smashed in come on Bisping!!!

2 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

are-you-sure-about-that-gif-1.gif

Told you time and time again that GSP was the very best. Put some respect on the names of French Canadians.

Don't remember you telling me that and he isn't the very best. Caught Bisping with a lucky punch and from there fair play got a good submission. Bisping had to much dignity to tap to him which you have got to show respect for. Either way was a good fight and the rematch should be decent

10 minutes ago, Ross said:

Don't remember you telling me that and he isn't the very best. Caught Bisping with a lucky punch and from there fair play got a good submission. Bisping had to much dignity to tap to him which you have got to show respect for. Either way was a good fight and the rematch should be decent

https://gyazo.com/8fc9d980cb4d6d9a39a92cb3af55733c

https://gyazo.com/fc77096434f8623b1baef1105e81e599

I rest my case.

Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva (34-8 MMA, 17-4 UFC) has been notified of a potential violation of the UFC’s anti-doping policy and has been pulled from a planned UFC Fight Night 122 headliner with Kelvin Gastelum (13-3 MMA, 8-3 UFC).

UFC officials today announced the finding – which stemmed from an out-of-competition sample collected on Oct. 26 – from the promotion’s independent administrator of the policy, the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.

The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Anderson Silva of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an out-of-competition sample collected on October 26, 2017. As a result, Silva has been provisionally suspended by USADA. Due to the proximity of Silva’s upcoming scheduled bout at UFC Fight Night, Shanghai, China on November 25, 2017 against Kelvin Gastelum, Silva has been removed from the card and UFC is currently seeking a replacement.

USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results management and appropriate adjudication of this case involving Silva. Under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, there is a full and fair legal process that is afforded to all athletes before any sanctions are imposed. Additional information will be provided at the appropriate time as the process moves forward.

Although it’s his first potential violation under the USADA program, “The Spider” is potentially a repeat offended after he failed a drug test around the time of his UFC 183 fight with Nick Diaz in January 2015.

Silva was handed a one-year suspension and $380,000 fine from the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) for his 2015 failure, which he claimed was the result of a tainted sexual enhancer.

mmajunkie.com

Silva has popped again. I'm annoyed and wish this didn't happen, especially since I enjoy Gastelum's attempt at destroying ageing legends, but I find it hilarious because unless someone steps in to replace him vs Gastelum, that card is left with shit fights on paper. Literally no money fights whatsoever.

Predictions for UFC 218 this weekend anyone?

Here are mine:

Main Card:

Max Holloway (c) Vs. Jose Aldo

Alistair Overeem Vs. Francis Ngannou

Henry Cejudo Vs. Sergio Pettis

Eddie Alvarez Vs. Justin Gaethje

Tecia Torres Vs. Michelle Waterson

Prelims:

Charles Oliveira Vs. Paul Felder

Alex Oliveira Vs. Yancy Medeiros

David Teymur Vs. Drakkar Klose

Felice Herrig Vs. Cortney Casey

Abdul Razak Alhassan Vs. Sabah Homasi

Jeremy Kimball Vs. Dominick Reyes

Justin Willis Vs. Allen Crowder

Amanda Cooper Vs. Angela Magana

5 minutes ago, Bart said:

I reckon Aldo will  win and I gotta go with the dutch man Alistair. for the remainder I agree with you.

I don't think Aldo has been the same fighter these past couple of fights, whereas Holloway has improved so much every fight and has already just beat Aldo... Obviously you never count out Aldo, and I could definitely see it go either way, but I think Holloway takes it.

As for the heavyweights, its always hard to predict their fights because anything can happen with men that size. Ngannou is just a specimen though and Overeem is towards the end of his career and just can't take hits like he used to, something Ngannou has in droves, his power is ridiculous.

t looks like the verdict regarding CM Punk possibly getting another fight inside the Octagon will be decided this weekend.

UFC President Dana White spoke about Punk during a recent media scrum this week, noting he plans to meet with the former WWE Superstar this weekend in Detroit, Michigan.

"CM Punk is coming this weekend and wants to talk to me," said White when asked by a reporter if he's interested in having Punk fight a second time in the UFC. "He'll be in Detroit."

White would go on to elaborate, seeming undecided in terms of whether or not he's leaning one way or the other regarding Punk.

"Yeah, well, I love the guy," said White. "He's a good guy, so we'll see what he's thinking and what he's doing and ...umm... I don't know."

White concluded, "He makes a lot of money

Tapology.com

I stayed awake to watch this card last night, though I didn't get to watch the main and co-main.

Nicco Montano winning is awesome. I like Modafferi but Montano has a sort of underdog vibe, so people will likely root for her to do well. Problem is, some like Valentina Shevchenko, Joanna Jedrzrejczyk, Paige VanZant will likely move to Flyweight and get the title shot, and I'd likely pick any of them to beat Montano.

O'Malley is a good fighter and prospect. I'm not a fan of his personality but its that personality that will likely take him further in MMA then anything.

Meerschaert's liver kick to finish Spicely was brutal. Hard body shots like those always make me feel uncomfortable.

I felt that they judges were wrong with the Bennett/Fabian fight. Bennett should have won. Fabian won the first, especially after her last second knockdown. Fabian got a point deducted in the 2nd and then Bennett controlled her against the fence, so that should have been a 10-8 round. For me, the 3rd round was the closest but Bennett also won that in my opinion. She got a late knockdown and finished on top, in control. Felt like Bennett should have been given the decision.

Johns' win was perhaps the most impressive. Soto is as legit as anyone in the bantamweight division with his Jiu-Jitsu but Johns went in and got a very quick win over him. His composure to roll Soto and take his leg was fantastic. Was a shock win but he has an interesting personality too. Looking forward to seeing Johns fight again.

Was a good card overall tbh.

UFC 218 Results

Max Holloway UFC 218

UNDERCARD