BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Crown Jewel

WWE returns to Saudi Arabia LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
bailey14

UFC Official Discussion

Why would they fix it? If this kid beats Punk he will have a great buzz behind him and they can build him up as he is young.

There's more money (long term) in Punk losing his first fight than him winning it.

or maybe because UFC doesn't want punk to lose in his debut and to some nobody when punk is already a top star name wise. And they would pay the kid alot more to lose it

or maybe because UFC doesn't want punk to lose in his debut and to some nobody when punk is already a top star name wise. And they would pay the kid alot more to lose it

They protect him once, then what happens when he goes out on his second match and loses? There's no reason ufc would fix the fight especially in punk's favor, he wouldn't accept it anyway

CM Punk detractors are going to have some more ammunition, as the former WWE Champion will have his UFC debut delayed yet again. He'll be undergoing back surgery to repair a herniated disc, according to MMAFighting's Ariel Helwani.

Punk told Helwani that his back is something that has always bothered him, and he figured that it was simply professional wrestling injuries. As it turns out, it was.

"It got bad enough to the point where I couldn't do anything the week before I went to train with the New Jersey Devils last month. One day I could manage, the next day I couldn't. I've been in agony for almost a month. Chiropractor, acupuncture, massage, cryotherapy, nothing worked," Punk told MMA Fighting.

CM Punk was linked to both July's UFC 200 and June's UFC 199 to take on Mickey Gall. Gall defeated Mike Jackson at last weekend's UFC Fight Night 82 to earn the right to take on Punk in his UFC debut.

Many fans, fighters and media have speculated that Punk's UFC career is simply a publicity stunt, and that he has no intent to fight. According to my sources close to the camp, Punk has always had the actual intent to fight, along with his trainers at Roufusport. Punk, 37, still insists he will fight in the UFC.

wrestlinginc.com

News broke Wednesday of former WWE Champion CM Punk's long-awaited UFC debut being delayed due to back surgery. Punk's scheduled opponent, Mickey Gall, took to Twitter to comment on the injury

"Guys. It's all good. The fight is still on. Minor surgery. I wish @CMPunk a healthy & speedy recovery. I want you at 100%, check that, #200," Gall said, indicating that he wanted Punk at July's UFC 200.

As it turns out, Punk's surgery is a minor one, and as we're being told, will likely only sideline Punk for 4-6 weeks. This would give him over three months to prepare for a fight at UFC 200.

wrestlinginc.com

Dos Anjos Vs. McGregor: I notice everybody saying McGregor is a monster inside that cage and after looking at his Win/Lose record, I gotta agree so my pick is McGregor winning the fight and making his record 20-2. However, Dos Anjos has been in more fights but has lost more as well, so will experience play a facter in this fight? It might and if it does, I see Dos Anjos picking up the victory. Otherwise, my pick is McGregor.

Gall Vs. Punk: I see Punk winning this fight to be honest, I mean it's his debut fight and I don't see him losing it. However, I could be wrong. As for everybody saying Gall is hungry, I won't argue but I haven't seen anything from either man in UFC so I'm not exactly sure what to expect out of this fight at the moment. Hopefully it is a good one though.

Unfortunate and tragic news out of the MMA world tonight, as former UFC Heavyweight Champion Kevin Randleman has died at only 44 years old. Bleacher Report's Jeremy Botter confirmed the reports on Twitter.

According to Botter, Randleman had been in the hospital battling pneumonia before suffering heart failure.

The 17-6 Randleman was a prominent figure in MMA for years, capturing the UFC Heavyweight Championship at UFC 23 with a unanimous decision victory over Pete Williams. He'd successfully defend the title against Pedro Rizzo at UFC 26 before losing to eventual UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture at UFC 28.

Randleman didn't gain the majority of his fame in the U.S. or the UFC however, or even in winning fights for that matter. Randleman became a mainstay of Japan's PRIDE FC, having a memorable war with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. Randleman also nearly scored an upset win over juggernaut Fedor Emelianenko, landing a sick suplex on Fedor, before being submitted moments later.

Randleman's most memorable win came against Mirko "CroCop" Filipovic, which is still considered one of the most impressive knockouts of all time. Randleman relentlessly hammer fisted CroCops face from the guard for the victory. Randleman would go 1-8 in his last nine bouts with PRIDE.

Randleman last fought in 2011, in a losing effort following major issues throughout his career such as drug test failures,kidney problems, and one of the nastiest staph infections ever seen in the sport.

The former UFC Champion was also active in Japanese pro wrestling from 2002-2007. He competed for HUSTLE, IGF, and Wrestle-1, often teaming with Mark Coleman. In 2009, Randleman actually challenged WWE Superstar Kofi Kingstonto a "corner jumping contest."

WWE Smackdown announcer Mauro Ranallo called many of Randleman's fights and classic moments. He took to Twitter and also confirmed the news and offer his condolences.

Source:WrestlingInc.

RIP Kevin Randleman

Not sure who this guys is but a lose is sill sad regardless.

As far as Punk, I dont think the fight will be fixed if Punk loses his first fight it would be expected considering he never fought in UFC ever. If he makes it to the fight it will be interesting to see what he can do.

Ronda Rousey has admitted that losing her UFC bantamweight title to Holly Holm left her contemplating suicide.

Speaking on the Ellen DeGeneres Show, the 29-year-old revealed the loss made her feel worthless.

According to the Daily Mirror, she said:

"I was literally sitting there and thinking about killing myself and that exact second I’m like ‘I’m nothing, what do I do anymore and no one gives a shit about me anymore without this.’

To be honest, I looked up and I saw my man Travis was standing up there and I looked up at him and I was like, I need to have his babies. I need to stay alive."

Suicide is not a topic Rousey takes lightly, her father took his own life while she was a child, so it’s fair to say she would not make such a claim insincerely.

unilad.co.uk

Damn that's sad. Suicide isn't a laughing matter, of course not for Ronda but when you are known as unbeatable and get beat it comes with a lot of hate. I can understand why she would be wanting to kill herself but hopefully she can bounce back from that loss and win back the title.

Jesus thats sad but I just hope she gets the right treatment and recovers. Suicide is a serious matter and should be never taken lightly. Strong woman to confess something like this and even stronger if she can defeat this slump and return back to the octagon to regain the title.

On a different note:

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) needs a new main event for its upcoming UFC 196 pay-per-view (PPV), as reigning lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos reportedly broke his foot in training and was forced to withdraw from his Conor McGregor fight on March 5, 2016 inside MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

That's according to a report from MMA Fighting.

McGregor should be used to this sort of thing after the UFC 189 debacle last July, and the names of possible replacements are already coming in fast and furious. Nate Diaz and Donald Cerrone, among others, are likely at the top of the list.

Of course, the promotion can always fall back on the championship co-main event between Holly Holm and Miesha Tate, but that would probably be a last resort (so says this guy). In all likelihood, McGregor will remain in the main event and collect his check against an opponent to be named.

UFC has yet to make an official announcement, but that should come sooner, rather than later.

As noted, UFC Lightweight Champion Rafael dos Anjos suffered a foot injury and was forced to withdraw from his UFC 196 title defense against Conor McGregor. BJPenn.com has confirmed that Nate Diaz will step in to face McGregor at the event. UFC 196 takes place next Saturday, March 5th at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

- Dos Anjos apologized to fans on Twitter for pulling out of the fight, and shared this picture of his foot injury:

- Speaking of McGregor, Sports Illustrated revealed that the UFC featherweight champion will be gracing the cover of the magazine this week:

Nate Diaz :ohshit1