BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
bailey14

UFC Official Discussion

McGregor is a fool but I give the man his credit. Im ready to see him defend his title to see if hes really the best in his division. I look forward to him taking on Nate again but hes going to need to put in work.

He put that weight in short time and didn't have the ability to have a smooth transition to control his stamina with the extra weight, plus due to Nate being bigger than the opponents he usually faces it's like he said it, one strong punch isn't enough to KO him. It was clear that he was going to lose as soon as Nate connected with a punch and rocked him good.

After what is technically his fourth consecutive fight without a win, former UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva has been booked for his return to the cage.

Silva will take on fellow Middleweight Uriah Hall in Brazil at UFC 198. The event is headlined by a Fabricio Werdum vs. Stipe Miocic UFC Heavyweight Championship bout, which takes place on May 15 at Area de Baixada in Curitiba, Brazil.

If that weren't enough, the UFC is said to be looking to 'stack' the show, and according to UFC Tonight's Ariel Helwani, may end up putting Cris 'Cyborg" Justino on the show. Justino has said she will not cut to 135 pounds, so the fight would have to be at 140 or 145 pounds.

The show looks to be one of the biggest Brazilian cards in company history, as Ronaldo 'Jacare' Souza will also take on Vitor Belfort. Demian Maia vs. Matt Brown is also scheduled for the main card. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Antonio Rogerio Noguiera and Nate Marquardt are also booked to compete.

wrestlinginc.com

It's always great to see The Spider in the cage, can't wait for it, but first UFC 197 Cormier vs Jones!

Time for the real champ to have back what he never lost.

Former UFC Featherweight Champion Jose Aldo, who lost in under 15 seconds to Conor McGregor at UFC last year, had choice words for his former for. Aldo called McGregor's loss to Diaz embarrassing when talking to Esporte Espetacular, as translated by MMA Fighting.

"You will come back (to 145 pounds) with your tail between your legs after what happened, after that embarrassment. You will come back. My hand almost caught you, but when it does for good, you will sleep. He's a lion when he's attacking, but a kitten when he's getting beat up. Everybody saw in his eyes that he's just a p---y that quits when he's getting beat up," Aldo said.

wrestlinginc.com

Funny when it's coming from the guy who lost a title fight in 15 seconds to the person he is calling a pussy and refused to fight when asked..

Nate Diaz, who defeated Conor McGregor on short notice at UFC 196 at 170 pounds, has been telling people that he wants their rematch to take place at 155 pounds. Diaz says he wants to prove he can defeat McGregor at that weight so there won't be any excuses.

wrestlinginc.com

Shit's about to go down!!!

:wtf3

Nate Diaz is not fucking around here. I think it eill be an interesting match should be for the title just to prove a point. Most likely it wont be but if Diaz beats him again at his weight then McGregor legit can't say shit.

If it's in 155 there can't be any title on the line cause Dos Anjos is the 155 champ lol.

Should be a better match-up for McGregor if it happens on 155 as he won't be gassed out like he did last time.

Former WWE Champion CM Punk is currently sidelined with a back injury, but that hasn't stopped his future opponent Mickey Gall from hyping up their planned fight. Gall spoke to The Fan Garage's Renjith Ravindran recently about the bout. 

Pro Wrestling:

"I think wrestling is entertaining. I used to be a big fan of it when I was a kid . They do some cool stuff but I think it does not even compare to MMA. MMA is real, that stuff [wrestling], the falls and slams are real but it's all fake, it's all pretended, it's like athletic acting."

CM Punk's skills:

"I haven't seen much of CM Punk but I'm very confident that he is not as good as me any area. I don't think he is a legit UFC talent. He could be a tough guy and I'm sure he is a talented guy but I don't think he could acquire the skills that I have in such a limited time that he had put into it."

Punk's surgery:

"Apparently Punk had only a minor surgery. He said he was suffering from lingering back problems. I hope that is healthy so that we could fight. I hope it is being handled properly by his team."

wrestlinginc.com

The UFC's stacked year just keeps on giving, as MMA Fighting is reporting that two major fights are being targeted for UFC 200.

Conor McGregor will get his rematch against Nate Diaz in a fight that did in the neighborhood of 1.5 million pay-per-view buys. The fight will take place at 170 pounds, even though Diaz has said he wanted it at 155 pounds.

With McGregor as Featherweight Champion, an interim champion will be defended in a re-match between Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar. Jose Aldo had stated previously that he wouldn't compete unless it were for a title or against McGregor. Also, Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne was set for the show.

In addition to those fights, Takanori Gomi vs. Jim Miller and Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Lauzon are also confirmed for the July 9 event. The show will take place from the brand new T-Mobile Arena.

wrestlinginc.com

:mark

The planned Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones UFC Light Heavyweight Title rematch won't be happening -- at least at UFC 197.

The current UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Cormier has withdrawn from the planned fight against the former champion, as reported by BJPenn.com. No replacement has been announced yet, although Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson has been training in case of an injury.

wrestlinginc.com

:fthis1

We reported last night that UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier had withdrawn from his planned fight with Jon Jones later this month at UFC 197. As it turns out, Jon Jones will remain on the card in an interim championship fight

Jones will take on #6-ranked 205-pounder Ovince St Preux at UFC 197, headlining the show over the UFC Flyweight Championship fight of Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson vs. Henry Cejudo. Bleacher Report's Jeremy Botter first reported the news.

I was told by someone close to Daniel Cormier's camp that he was actually injured a couple of weeks ago, but was waiting to see if he could continue training.

Dana White appeared on SportsCenter and said that the UFC originally wanted to book Jones against Anthony "Rumble" Johnson, but Johnson recently had surgery on his mouth and still can't put in a mouth guard.

Daniel Cormier said that he'll be back in 4-6 weeks and was not told about the interim championship.

Jones' decision to fight surprised many, as a few years ago he gained criticism for not accepting a replacement bout with Chael Sonnen. Jones posted on his Instagram, saying he owed his fans after the last year and would fight any heavyweight or light heavyweight.

wrestlinginc.com

Mickey Gall more excited about what's after CM Punk
LAS VEGAS -- It's pretty obvious, Mickey Gall is looking past CM Punk.

When the time comes, probably later this year, Gall will be focused on Punk, a former WWE star. But Gall -- the UFC's version of a lotto winner -- sounds more excited about what happens after that.

"Then my dream really starts," said Gall, who visited Las Vegas to attend the UFC's Fighter Summit last week. "I don't want to be the 'CM Punk guy.' I don't want to be a sideshow-type thing. [After Punk], I get to prove I'm of this caliber. I've been training with UFC guys since I was 16. I know I'm ready and I can't wait to fight the best guys in the world, get into those wars and get those victories."

Gall (2-0) is a 24-year-old welterweight prospect fighting out of New Brunswick, New Jersey. He has been in the headlines since UFC president Dana White pegged him to fight CM Punk, birth name Phil Brooks, in what will be Punk's first MMA fight. Gall made his UFC debut on Feb. 6 and picked up a first-round submission win.

Less than one week after Gall's debut, news broke that Punk, 37, required back surgery and that their fight would be postponed. Gall said he learned of Punk's injury from friends' texts.

"My phone was blowing up with people saying, 'Sorry dude, he's out. Fight's off. Sorry, sorry, sorry,'" Gall said. "My dad called [White], and Dana said, 'Yeah, it's all good. He's only out four to six weeks.'"

Gall admits it's not ideal for a fighter in his position to sit out six months, waiting for an opponent who has never had a professional fight to get healthy. But had he not won the CM Punk sweepstakes, Gall says he'd likely be trying to fight every month on the New Jersey/Pennsylvania fight circuit to earn experience and build his record. So he realizes the obvious promotional opportunity of beating a celebrity in his third pro fight.

And so, for now, Gall will wait.

"I expected I'd have to beat up five, six, seven guys on the local circuit to get [into the UFC]," Gall said. "So, the way I saw it, it would have taken another year until I was here. I've seen guys, one of my buddies who is 30 years old, he still hasn't gotten the call. He's a great fighter, 15-4 [record] and deserves to be here. Some guys get overlooked.

"I'd like to fight, but it's a big opportunity. It's a big name. I'll get fans from that and exposure that will help my career going forward. Although I'm eager and want to say, 'Yeah, I'll take a fight right now,' this is a smart move."

Whether it's directly linked to his situation or just the way he's wired, Gall finds himself in a hurry to face elite competition. He doesn't necessarily view Punk as elite, which is why you get the sense his appetite is already looking one meal ahead.

"I remember watching [MMA] at first and it was kind of scary," Gall said. "I said, 'I don't want to fight these guys.' Now, that's all I want to do. When I was first watching, I hadn't trained at all. But watching fighting, I said, 'This is the ultimate sport. It's the realest.' And that's what I want now. I want to beat big names. Big names make nice trophies."

Source:Espn.go.in

I've seen Gall fight and I don't think Punk can handle that type of debut fight. This is too mee a way to get Galls name out as the guy who beat CM Punk.

I'm looking forward to this upcoming fight for Rashad Evans. I Havent seen him fight in a while and I'm placing my odds on Evans to walk out victorious here.