BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Crown Jewel

WWE returns to Saudi Arabia LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
bailey14

UFC Official Discussion

The issue with Punk and UFC is the fact he was signed into UFC without any prior fights purely because of his name and was guaranteed to be a draw (No idea if this was the same for Lesnar when he crossed over).  Wasn't too hyped for his first fight in all honesty as I'd have rather seen him do some lower grade fights to prove himself... and also I'm one of the marks who would've loved to see JDF Vs. CM Punk but Punk kept ignoring the challenge so unfortunately won't get to see that now.

6 minutes ago, Marvsta said:

The issue with Punk and UFC is the fact he was signed into UFC without any prior fights purely because of his name and was guaranteed to be a draw (No idea if this was the same for Lesnar when he crossed over).  Wasn't too hyped for his first fight in all honesty as I'd have rather seen him do some lower grade fights to prove himself... and also I'm one of the marks who would've loved to see JDF Vs. CM Punk but Punk kept ignoring the challenge so unfortunately won't get to see that now.

Lesnar had a fight or two in PRIDE years prior to joining the UFC, plus he was a decorated freestyle wrestler. I'd say those two aren't even in the same realm to be honest.

I felt deflated watching Punk lose in such one-sided fashion. I know Dana will do anything to fill his own purse and generate publicity but hotshotting him without a single fight on his professional record was dumb, regardless of his age. Great post fight speech from Punk though.

Just now, Tamer said:

Lesnar had a fight or two in PRIDE years prior to joining the UFC, plus he was a decorated freestyle wrestler. I'd say those two aren't even in the same realm to be honest.

I felt deflated watching Punk lose in such one-sided fashion. I know Dana will do anything to fill his own purse and generate publicity but hotshotting him without a single fight on his professional record was dumb, regardless of his age. Great post fight speech from Punk though.

Ahh alright, cheers for clarifying the Lesnar side of things.   I've not seen the fight yet and probably won't bother as I don't watch much UFC as it is, but it was dumb to sign CM Punk direct into the UFC without any prior experience in the industry just for the name draw.

Man I felt really sorry for Punk, he had put all this effort and couldn't showcase anything as he was clearly outclassed by Micky. I feel like he shouldn't have been put in the position to fight a brown belt in the first place but props to him for going all out, hopefully his next fight is vs a guy who's more on his level (although that's difficult because most guys in the UFC have a certain fighting background)

They should get Punk an older guy to fight if he does decide to fight again in the UFC. I'm pretty sure Punk picked Gall to fight because he wanted a good challenge and Gall's an upcoming star in MMA. I do want to see him fight again but I'd give a good few months for Punk to improve his game before he's given an opponent. 

13 minutes ago, Nebakos7 said:

I found a video from a youtuber with 100k subs and he said that Dana White basically said in an interview after the end of 203 that Punk needs to fight out of UFC, so I guess this is the first and last time he fights there?

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0911/617390/dana-white-on-cm-punk-next-mma-fight/

If WWE superstar CM Punk can try his luck as a mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter, then there’s no reason why UFC interim featherweight champion Jose Aldo can’t hang up his 4oz gloves and make a run at futbol soccer.

I’ve heard he’s pretty good at it, too.

But that would require Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White to grant “Junior” his unconditional release. Something that may not be as easy as it sounds when you consider this.

A disgruntled Aldo talks to Revista Combate (via MMA Fighting):

"If [White] likes me and my family, I just hope he releases me. I don’t want a fight. I want to leave as I came in. The UFC and WEC didn’t give me anything. Everything I conquered was my merit and from my team. Nobody gave me anything. I conquered everything. And I gave them a lot more than they gave me back. I just want them to release me from my contract. I’m not a whore to sell myself [for money]. I don’t even want to fight MMA. I want to follow a career in another sport. That’s what I want."
Might want to get that fancy-pants lawyer on the phone.

Aldo, 30, is clearly upset that Conor McGregor, who beat “Junior” for the 145-pound belt back in December, continues to dabble in higher weight classes while the rest of the featherweights (like this guy) sit around and twiddle their thumbs.

So much for Plan B.

The Brazilian shut down Frankie Edgar at UFC 200 and regained the interim title -- which was supposed to be defended post haste — only to learn the “Notorious” was still calling the shots.

Now Aldo appears to be calling some of his own, though some might call it “pussyitis.”

Source: MMAMania

On 11/26/2016 at 4:58 PM, Nanovirus said:

so with the rumor of Connor McGregor possibly joining WWE, if he does, what would happen to the titles he hold and who would be best fit to win them if they are vacated?

He'd hold on to it, they would just have a fight to name a interim champ like they did when Conor refused to defend the featherweight title before Alveraz, as for who should win the interim belt it would probably be Khabib vs Tony Ferguson 

4 minutes ago, Alyx Wilde said:

He'd hold on to it, they would just have a fight to name a interim champ like they did when Conor refused to defend the featherweight title before Alveraz

Well that's the issue I'm seeing. He remains champ but refuse to defend which is bullshit since being champ means you gotta fight everyone and anyone who is the contender. So I mean like really only option I would see is vacating or being stripped. 

2 minutes ago, Nanovirus said:

Well that's the issue I'm seeing. He remains champ but refuse to defend which is bullshit since being champ means you gotta fight everyone and anyone who is the contender. So I mean like really only option I would see is vacating or being stripped. 

If he did sign with WWE that'd certainly be the case, but if it's just like a 3 month run for mania, they wont touch him or his belt.

2 minutes ago, Alyx Wilde said:

If he did sign with WWE that'd certainly be the case, but if it's just like a 3 month run for mania, they wont touch him or his belt.

Especially if he gotta defend it? There isn't a time period in UFC that you have to defend it before being stripped?