WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
bailey14

UFC Official Discussion

UFC star Mickey Gall was recently on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani and talked about reports of CM Punk being in talks to resume his MMA career and to find a second opponent.

Gall said that while he can admire Punk’s desire to return to the ring, he thinks the next fight would end the same way that his own fight with Punk did: 

“I think he’ll be dealt (with) the same way I dealt him. If he fights a UFC caliber guy, I think they’ll do it in the same way. So I think in hindsight, he probably should’ve taken some regional fights, amateur fighters, smaller shows. But I think that’s ballsy of him to want to come back.”

Source: WrestleZone.com

Honestly after his first fight, I'm surprised he'd want to fight again. But I give Punk a lot of credit for wanting to go back inside the cage and fight. He is a draw still just because of the fame he had in WWE. So I expect more training and he'll be getting past the first round next time. Who knows. 

Nate Diaz keeps proclaiming he is only going to fight if he gets offered $20 million and if he gets a trilogy fight against UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor.

Well, that doesn’t mean the UFC isn’t going to offer him fights. In an interview with USA Today Sports in Houston for Super Bowl LI, UFC president Dana White said a fight has been offered to the only man to beat McGregor in the UFC.

“We just offered Nate Diaz a fight and we are waiting to hear back from him,” White stated.

The reporter was waiting for White to divulge more on the topic. White chuckled and said, ” We will see. “These guys say they want to fight. I offered Nick Diaz ( Nate’s brother) two fights . He turned down two fights.”

Diaz is coming off a 2016 to remember, submitting McGregor at UFC 196 last March and then lost the rematch to the Irishman in a razor-thin majority decision at UFC 202 in August.

Who did the UFC offer to the Stockton, CA native? The winner of UFC 209 interim lightweight title fight between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson? Eddie Alvarez? Or perhaps, the trilogy fight against McGregor?

Sound off. Who would you like to see Diaz fight in his return to the octagon?

Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier is possibly the biggest rivalry in modern MMA; their ongoing feud stretches back years and fans have been itching for a rematch ever since the pair first locked horns back in January 2015.

Now, it appears that the waiting will soon be over as insider sources have confirmed that Jones will make his highly anticipated return to the cage at UFC 214 and will be fighting against Cormier for the light heavyweight title in the main event. In the not too distant past, UFC President Dana White stated that he would never trust Jones to headline a pay-per-view again, due to the former champ’s laundry list of troubles outside the cage but it now appears that he is due to go back on his word (funny, I’ve never seen him do that before!). Jones goes into this one having not competed since the start of 2016 when he laboured against Ovince St. Preux for an unconvincing points decision.

Cormier last fought in early April of this year when he defended his light heavyweight strap with a second-round submission of Anthony “Rumble” Johnson.

Both men have strikingly similar records; Jones’ is currently 22-1 with nine knockouts, six submissions, and seven decisions while Cormier’s record stands at 19-1 with six knockouts, six submissions, and seven decisions.

The big difference is that Cormier’s one loss came at the hands of Jones while Jones’ was a disqualification for illegal elbows during The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights Finale, way back in 2009.

Ever since then, the pair have been at each other’s throats and the fact that a scheduled rematch has fallen through a couple of times (due to both injury and Jones’ shenanigans outside the cage), only makes the return bout a more highly anticipated event.

One thing’s for sure though; if this fight gets cancelled, for any goddamn reason at all, fans across the world are going to completely lose their sh*t!

source: CraziestSportsfights

Sucks to hear that GSP pulled out of the fight, he's my favorite fighter of all time and I was absolutely ecstatic to see him fight again. He'll fight again before his career is over, but he'll never be given an opportunity that big again, it's lot like his legacy needs any help, but it's still unfortunate. 

UFC 211

537_Stipe_Miocic_and_Junior_Dos_Santos.0

Main card
Stipe Miocic def. Junior dos Santos via first-round TKO (2:22) (live blog)
Joanna Jedrzejczyk def. Jessica Andrade via unanimous decision (live blog)
Demian Maia def. Jorge Masvidal via split decision (live blog)
Frankie Edgar def. Yair Rodriguez via second-round TKO (doctor's stoppage) (live blog)
David Branch def. Krzysztof Jotko via split decision (live blog)

Undercard
Eddie Alvarez vs. Dustin Poirier declared a no-contest (accidental foul) (live blog)
Jason Knight def. Chas Skelly via third-round TKO (0:39)
Chase Sherman def. Rashad Coulter via second-round TKO (3:36)
James Vick def. Marco Polo Reyes via first-round TKO (2:39)
Cortney Casey def. Jessica Aguilar via unanimous decision (30-27 x3)
Enrique Barzola def. Gabriel Benitez via unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
Gadzhimurad Antigulov def. Joachim Christensen via submission (rear-naked choke) (R1, 2:21)

Turning 59 next week, UFC Hall of Famer and former two-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion Dan Severn is still going strong as a trainer in both wrestling and MMA. Although retired from MMA and semi-retired from pro wrestling, Severn still runs independent promotions for both genres, The Danger Zone MMA and Price of Glory Wrestling.

Holding an incredibly impressive 101-19-7 MMA record, Severn is known as one of the best competitors who has ever stepped foot in the cage. No matter what the odds where, Severn proved to dominate the sport for over 20 years.

Still confident in his ability in the Octagon, Severn welcomed the thought of facing WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar in a UFC bout.

Sitting down with me on the Pancakes and Powerslams Show, Severn expressed his interest in competing against Lesnar, but one condition has to be met.

WrestleZone.com

Well, here’s an interesting subtext to a week that features the UFC’s biggest fight of the year.

In a Facebook Live chat Tuesday, Jon Jones said he “would love to” fight Brock Lesnar sometime in the future if Lesnar returns to the UFC. Hours later, Lesnar basically told the Associated Pressthat he accepts the challenge. 

Jones is arguably the greatest MMA fighter of all time and the former UFC light heavyweight champion. The only thing that has stood in the way of him being indisputably the top fighter is his propensity to get in trouble outside the Octagon. Jones will face Daniel Cormier, the current 205-pound champion, in the main event of UFC 214 on Saturday night in Anaheim, Calif.

Lesnar, meanwhile, is a former UFC heavyweight champion and one of the greatest financial draws in promotion history. He’s the current WWE Universal champion and one of the biggest stars in pro wrestling.

In other words, Jones vs. Lesnar is one of the greatest matches in terms of revenue that the UFC would ever do. And it seems like they’re both down for it.

“I would love to fight Brock Lesnar,” Jones said in the Facebook chat when asked by a fan. “He’s a massive dude, it would be a massive draw. Really big for the sport. It would be a great challenge. That’s a big, old boy. I doubt Brock Lesnar would take that fight, though.”

Lesnar, 40, made no bones about it to the AP — he would, indeed, take the fight.

“Would I fight Jon Jones? Anytime, anywhere,” Lesnar said. “Right now he should be worried about D.C. on Saturday night.”

There were reports last week that Lesnar had re-entered the USADA drug-testing pool, which would start the path to coming back to the Octagon. But UFC vice president of athlete health and performance Jeff Novitzky told MMA Fighting that it wasn’t true — Lesnar had not re-entered the pool and when he does he’ll still have more than six months remaining on his UFC 200doping suspension.

Lesnar was suspended one year by USADA after testing positive for the banned substance clomiphene and formally retired from the UFC, taking himself out of the testing pool, earlier this year.

Could Lesnar’s comments Tuesday mean that he is considering a comeback? Possibly. The combination of money and competition has always been tempting.

Jones, on video during the chat with his striking coach Brandon Gibson, was already thinking about how he’d approach a fight with Lesnar. Jones has never fought at heavyweight before, but has considered moving up over the years.

“I definitely wouldn't try to wrestle with him the whole time,” Jones said. “I would … I’m not gonna tell you what I would do.”

Maybe one day we’ll all find out.

MUST-READ STORIES

Feeling testy. USADA details the Mayweather vs. McGregor drug-testing plan.

Radio silence. Want to know the last time Dana White and Jon Jones spoke? Before UFC 200.

Challenge accepted? Mario Yamasaki responded to the “childish” grappling match challenge by Michael Chiesa.

The feels. Junior Albini was finally able to afford toys for his 2-year-old daughter after his UFC bonus.

Results. Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series performances earned two fights UFC contracts last night.

VIDEO STEW

Call it Cyborg-bedded?

Another good DC vs. Jones promo

Dana speaks

Cyborg and Gabi Garcia are friends goals

Kevin Lee, Eddie Alvarez run into each other at the UFC PI

One shot, one kill

Analysis — with accents

Wiz Khalifa in MMA?!

LISTEN UP

History lesson. Sherdog’s MMA Evolution on MMA before TV deals and a Cris Cyborg vs. Tonya Evinger discussion.

Co-Main Event. Chris Weidman, Cormier vs. Jones 2 and the stacked card that is UFC 214.

SOCIAL MEDIA BOUILLABASSE

Message for the doubters?

View image on Twitter

Follow

Conor McGregor ✔@TheNotoriousMMA

You are all going to eat your words for the rest of your days, while I eat lobster for the rest of mine.

11:37 PM - 25 Jul 2017

19,35719,357 Retweets

68,64068,640 likes

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Maybe if your name was McMiocic.

22h

Kevin Iole  ✔@KevinI

Why Stipe Miocic isn't writing off Conor McGregor in fight with Floyd Mayweather https://sports.yahoo.com/stipe-miocic-isnt-writing-off-conor-mcgregor-fight-floyd-mayweather-200049279.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw … via @YahooSports

Follow

Stipe Miocic ✔@stipemiocicufc

You want fireworks? Put me against Wilder or Joshua

4:40 PM - 25 Jul 2017

8585 Retweets

339339 likes

#shade

Follow

Colby Covington ✔@ColbyCovMMA

The battle of the over ranked @NeilMagny vs the old lower ranked @RdosAnjosMMA in a fight where I will toy with the winner. https://twitter.com/bjpenndotcom/status/890028336331845632 …

10:11 PM - 25 Jul 2017 · Coconut Creek, FL

1111 Retweets

4242 likes

This guy.

Follow

Chase Sherman ✔@ChaseShermanUFC

Soon.

9:55 PM - 25 Jul 2017

2727 Retweets

138138 likes

Technique already on point, almost.

There’s … gotta be an easier way.

Someone is fixing for a stiff jab.

Follow

Katlyn Chookagian ✔@blondefighter

Who's logged in my @UFCFightPass trying to watch @ufc #ContenderSeries

9:07 PM - 25 Jul 2017

11 Retweet

2424 likes

Ferg firing away.

Follow

Tony Ferguson ✔@TonyFergusonXT

They Offer You A Fight At #UFC216 & You Turn It Down? @TeamKhabib Get Off The Tiramisu Cycle. I'm Going To Keep Lifting SOB #TiramisuTuesday

8:54 PM - 25 Jul 2017

170170 Retweets

679679 likes

Snoop Dogg commentary is a must listen.

Follow

UFC Fight Pass ✔@UFCFightPass

Come for the fights, stay for the Little Red Riding Hood rendition courtesy of @SnoopDogg & @UrijahFaber. #SnoopCast#ContenderSeries

8:35 PM - 25 Jul 2017

6767 Retweets

197197 likes

Timely question.

Follow

Ian McCall ✔@Unclecreepymma

What do you feel is a bigger rivalry @ChuckLiddell @titoortiz or @dc_mma @JonnyBones?

7:43 PM - 25 Jul 2017

DC Bones

Chuck Tito

Vote1,573 votes•6 days left

1212 Retweets

1919 likes

Bold weight-cutting strategy.

Chillin’.

View image on Twitter

Follow

Cub Swanson ✔@CubSwanson

Me helping @da_MONSOON train for his next fight against Paul Daley

6:45 PM - 25 Jul 2017

3030 Retweets

236236 likes

Respect

Follow

#UFC214 ✔@ufc

WW champ? 
Actor? 
Analyst? 
Rapper? @TWooodley can do it all!

Full Sway in the Morning freestyle  http://bit.ly/2uUuPhe  #UFC214

4:50 PM - 25 Jul 2017

117117 Retweets

402402 likes

Don’t mess with Sgt. Cyborg.

Follow

#UFC214 CyborgNation ✔@criscyborg

That will be Sargent @criscyborg https://twitter.com/chaseshermanufc/status/889931838642417665 …

3:35 PM - 25 Jul 2017

2222 Retweets

158158 likes

Hard realities of fighting.

Follow

Chris Wade ✔@CWadeMMA

If 9/10 NFL player brains examined have CTE then 11/10 fighters brains will have it.

3:31 PM - 25 Jul 2017

1818 Retweets

7474 likes

Salad-free zone.

View image on Twitter

Follow

John Dodson III ✔@JohnDodsonMMA

I got this body from nothing but candy so stop telling me I gotta eat healthy lol

2:23 PM - 25 Jul 2017

1717 Retweets

178178 likes

Interested in this heavyweight bout?

View image on Twitter

Follow

Chase Sherman ✔@ChaseShermanUFC

Let's puts on a show for the fans!@MarkGodbeerUK @matt_frm@Mickmaynard2 @Abraham_kawa @LouDiBono

2:46 PM - 25 Jul 2017

3737 Retweets

155155 likes

Jon Jones vs. Steve Mazzagatti?

Follow

Mike Pierce ✔@MikePierce170

@MikeMav22 you take @yamasakimma I'll handle @HerbDeanMMA. Maybe at @SUG_Grappling? #RefsVsFighters

2:53 PM - 25 Jul 2017

33 Retweets

77 likes

Bendo knows.

Follow

TheOnceAndFutureKing ✔@BensonHenderson

It's actually pretty easy guys, just do everything in your power to give Her the #fairytale...#SmoothTalk

4:31 PM - 25 Jul 2017

22 Retweets

99 likes

FIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS

Rafael dos Anjos (26-9) vs. Neil Magny (19-5); UFC 215, Sept. 9

Mitch Clarke (11-4) vs. Alex White (11-3); UFC 215, Sept. 9

TODAY IN MMA HISTORY

2014: Joanna Jedrzejczyk made her UFC debut, beating Juliana Lima by unanimous decision at UFC on FOX 12 in San Jose. At the time, few would have suspected she’d go on to become a long-tenured strawweight champion, but she did catch the eye of UFC president Dana White right away.

2008: The second EliteXC on CBS, headlined by Robbie Lawler’s second-round TKO win over Scott Smith, aired from Stockton, Calif. Cris Cyborg fought Shayna Baszler on the card, which also featured Nick Diaz, Jake Shields, Antonio Silva, Wilson Reis and Bryan Caraway.

FINAL THOUGHTS

Today starts UFC 214 fight week with a press conference featuring the competitors in all three titles fights: Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones, Tyron Woodley vs. Demian Maia, and Cris Cyborg vs. Tonya Evinger. The focus will, of course, be Jones and Cormier and that is warranted. It’s one of the best fights in UFC history — no hyperbole — when you combine the rivalry, the Jones comeback storyline and the fact that they are the two greatest light heavyweight fighters of all time. (Two of the best of all time, period, really.)

But let’s also not forget Woodley, Maia, Cyborg and Evinger this week. All of them have pretty excellent stories in their own right. Woodley is still looking to cement himself as the best welterweight in the world; the Brazilian jiu-jitsu master Maia has had an incredible run after moving down from middleweight where he was a title contender; Cyborg is the most dominant female fighter in MMA history getting her first shot at UFC gold; and Evinger is a women’s MMA pioneer finally granted a shot in the big show.

Let’s hope they don’t get lost in the shuffle of this amazing card.

We live in the era of the super-fight, and it appears another may be brewing. 

UFC star Jon "Bones" Jones regained the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship this past Saturday night when he defeated Daniel Cormier in the third round via TKO. However, Jones’ ascent back to the top of the Light Heavyweight division quickly took a backseat when he got on the microphone after the bout and laid a challenge down to Universal Champion Brock Lesnar. 

"Bones" boisterously invited Brock to meet him in the octagon despite Jones being a light heavyweight and Lesnar competing at heavyweight during his UFC career. Lesnar, a former UFC Heavyweight Champion, quickly responded with a statement to the Associated Press, “Be careful what you wish for, young man."

With Lesnar focused on his upcoming Universal Championship defense against Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman and Samoa Joe in a Fatal 4-Way Match at SummerSlam, does he have the time to seriously ponder a showdown with Jones? And, if so, could we perhaps see "Bones" enter a WWE ring to make this dream match a reality? Stay in step with WWE.com for all the latest on this developing story.

WWE.com

CM Punk’s MMA coach Duke Roufus has everyone speculating after a post on his Instagram account that lists Punk listed among his trainees that have had fights or will potentially have fights this year.

Punk (0-1 MMA record) hasn’t fought since losing in his debut to Mickey Gall at UFC 203 last September. The 38-year-old has not given up on his MMA career and it looks like he might be stepping into the Octagon again later this year.

In previous interviews, Dana White didn’t seem optimistic about Punk fighting again but he never completely shut the door on him either. Punk is still a big draw so it would be hard to turn down a big pay-per-view buyrate and White oftentimes says things that he doesn’t mean. Jon Jones returned this past weekend after White indicated last year that he would not fight again and the same was said about Georges St. Pierre. GSP will be fighting again in November. So, anything is possible. Punk is said to be in great shape and would probably need a couple of months to train for another fight.

source: wrestlingnews.co